• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McFarline Spiderman #1 variant?

7 posts in this topic

While digging around my comic boxes, I discovered many, many copies of Todd McFarline's Spiderman #1 - Regular, Bagged, Gold, etc..

Then I came across this one.  As I remember, the LCS sold it to me as a special signed version.  Does anyone know if this was the case back then?  I cant seem to find anything in the OPG.

Thanks for any help here.

Spiderman Sig.jpg

Spiderman Sig A.jpg

51 minutes ago, AndrewCup said:

While digging around my comic boxes, I discovered many, many copies of Todd McFarline's Spiderman #1 - Regular, Bagged, Gold, etc..

Then I came across this one.  As I remember, the LCS sold it to me as a special signed version.  Does anyone know if this was the case back then?  I cant seem to find anything in the OPG.

Thanks for any help here.

If you don't get an answer right away, here are a few threads.... :) 

5 minutes ago, AndrewCup said:

Thank you ADAMANTIUM!  That of course leads me to my next question....what is FMV?

hmmm not too sure maybe @valiantman may know something or someone who does lol :shy: sorry for the tag...

As it would be hard to "track" as it would get a qualified label etc..... best that "I" can do though is somehow search ebay for sold listings, but I'm not too sure of good "search terms" to put into ebay......

A good guess might be $20 to $40, since the book itself isn't worth much but the most recent Todd McFarlane signing was $89 per witnessed signature.  This is likely authentic, but no way to prove it, and it looks a little rushed (small letters, not a clear signature), so somewhere around $20 to $40 might be reasonable if the buyer is also convinced it is authentic.