• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions on registry
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I apologize if these questions are answered somewhere else. First, I am trying to add a book to a set and it tells me that it is not a valid cert for that book. However I believe it is. When I look up the cert # it is that book (plus I can certainly see that is the right book). Not sure how to get this fixed. The cert # is 2022978017 and I am trying to add it the Conan Frazetta Series #3. 

Second question is around variants. Can you only have one book in a set for a specific issue # or can you have multiple if there are variants for that issue. 

Thanks

• Administrator
8 hours ago, wombat said:

I apologize if these questions are answered somewhere else. First, I am trying to add a book to a set and it tells me that it is not a valid cert for that book. However I believe it is. When I look up the cert # it is that book (plus I can certainly see that is the right book). Not sure how to get this fixed. The cert # is 2022978017 and I am trying to add it the Conan Frazetta Series #3. 

Second question is around variants. Can you only have one book in a set for a specific issue # or can you have multiple if there are variants for that issue. 

Thanks

Thank you for your post. I copy and pasted the certification number on our website and the book details displayed. Depending on the type of set you may have individual slots for each issue and variant OR one slot per issue # with multiple books (variants) for that slot. "Complete with variant" sets will typically have all issues and variants broken down.  

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/2022978017/

7 minutes ago, Matt G said:

Thank you for your post. I copy and pasted the certification number on our website and the book details displayed. Depending on the type of set you may have individual slots for each issue and variant OR one slot per issue # with multiple books (variants) for that slot. "Complete with variant" sets will typically have all issues and variants broken down.  

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/2022978017/

Thanks for the response. I guess what I don't understand is why it won't accept my cert #. I get the following message when I try and save it. 

Slot Certification# Registered Valid for Slot Message
Conan the Frazetta Cover Series 3 2022978017 Yes No This comic is not valid for this slot. Please check the slot's list of eligible comic books. This entry has been added to the admin queue. If your book is valid for the slot, it will be resolved by the administrator.

• Administrator
On 4/23/2020 at 9:44 AM, wombat said:

Thanks for the response. I guess what I don't understand is why it won't accept my cert #. I get the following message when I try and save it. 

Slot Certification# Registered Valid for Slot Message
Conan the Frazetta Cover Series 3 2022978017 Yes No This comic is not valid for this slot. Please check the slot's list of eligible comic books. This entry has been added to the admin queue. If your book is valid for the slot, it will be resolved by the administrator.

I noticed a slight discrepancy in our system for this particular book that may be causing the registry error. I have reached out to our graders for assistance and will get back with you once I have more information. Thank you