• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Sources For Golden Age Books?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Trying to get started in Golden Age books. I bought a batman #103 thinking it was Golden, but it turned out to be the first Silver. And then this week I bought a Police Comics #52 and Whiz comics #46. Both low grade and not valuable on the market, but valuable to me because, hey, their my first Golden books. You guys have any suggestions besides eBay for picking up low grade Golden Age books for low prices?

1 hour ago, weasel87 said:

Trying to get started in Golden Age books. I bought a batman #103 thinking it was Golden, but it turned out to be the first Silver. And then this week I bought a Police Comics #52 and Whiz comics #46. Both low grade and not valuable on the market, but valuable to me because, hey, their my first Golden books. You guys have any suggestions besides eBay for picking up low grade Golden Age books for low prices?

Try Comiclinks monthly auctions.  One is going on right now but I think the golden age closed already.

https://www.comiclink.com

Rare to find in wild. You try asking any really old family members or neighbors. Estate sale. You are on the right track. Non superman batman etc are a bargain. Captain Marvel is cheaper than Captain America.  More popular more expensive. 50s cheaper than 40s. If you just want gold books it's easy. When you want keys, pre ww2, hitler, bondage etc it gets expensive.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:16 PM, batman_fan said:

Try Comiclinks monthly auctions.  One is going on right now but I think the golden age closed already.

https://www.comiclink.com

Well, for those who missed out on the CL GA auction yesterday, there's always the ComicConnect Event Auction that's scheduled to go live starting on Monday:

https://www.comicconnect.com/browse/auction/1?page=1

Looks like they've finally managed to get all of their auction lots sorted into proper alpha/numeric order after all this time.  :applause:

Not sure though if they are going to continue to have links to all other copies of the same book at the bottom of the auction lot when this goes live on Monday.  Especially since this would make absolutely no sense at all to potential consignors as it basically serves only to use the consignor's book(s) to help promote the auction house's available inventory more than anything else.  hm  :screwy:

On 4/24/2020 at 7:41 PM, weasel87 said:

Gator and Bedrock who are comic book dealers are the best place to start. True comic book collectors who have devoted a lifetime to GA/SA collecting, good and fair pricing and great great material...they are both board members and good luck, I hope you build a rewarding collection.

3 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Gator and Bedrock who are comic book dealers are the best place to start. True comic book collectors who have devoted a lifetime to GA/SA collecting, good and fair pricing and great great material...they are both board members and good luck, I hope you build a rewarding collection.

What's Gator's website address?