• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon, San Francisco

50 posts in this topic

Supapimp and I are getting together for a drink at some point during Wondercon. Is there anyone else who is going that is interested in hooking up with us? PM me and let me know.

I got together with a few of the board members in Las Vegas, we had a great time, and I even answered every question (to the best of my ability) that they asked me.

Can anyone tell more about Wondercon? Would there be

something to see/buy if you are mostly into GA? I'll probably

stop by but would still like to hear what the pros think of

this convention?

Regrettably I will be at the Pittsburgh Comicon that very same weekend, but have a good one!

Me Too!!!!!!

you gonna have a table set up or just going to geek out and buy stuff like me?

And meet Tom Savini and the helicopter Zombie (definitely takin the friday night mall tour). Cant wait to see the epic spot where Tom Savini yelled his classic line "I see you Chocolate Man!!" only in the 70's would that be acceptable lol

I'm heading down with some friends to hang out, meet the artists, do a little bit of promotion for the November Toronto Comicon and help out my buddies at the Paradise Comics booth. (If you want to track me down that's where I'll probably be hanging around the most).

I don't think I'll make the mall tour, but damn that is one CLASSIC flick! Maybe I'll bring my DVD down to get signed. Thanks for reminding me! Maybe I'll see you there.

Kev

I don't think I'll make the mall tour, but damn that is one CLASSIC flick! Maybe I'll bring my DVD down to get signed.

Kev, you have the DVD?!?!?!? I am most envious. By the time I had gotten a DVD player, both Day and Dawn of the Dead were out of print! Go figure... but they are two of the best damned movies ever!

If you want to track me down that's where I'll probably be hanging around the most).

yea, ill have to look you up. or if you see a 34 year old guy chasing a 4 year old kid who listens to absolutely nothing his daddy says.... then say hi, cause it is probably me...

By the time I had gotten a DVD player, both Day and Dawn of the Dead were out of print!

a fortuitous cornucopia of this flick is available on Ebay now. just make sure you check region and what not. (did you like my big words... man am i a pedantic turd or what?)

Yes, they did ask and the answer was something like "Not at this time, but we do endorse the new Overstreet grading guide because their standards are very close to CGC's."

I am sure JLA-all-the-way or Sullypython can tell you exactly what I said, they asked me every question under the sun smirk.gif

Just came back from my first day at Wondercon. I basically ignored everything except GA sellers today. But spent most of my money today. I couldn;t help myself.

GA was there in good quantity, as was SA/BA and moderns. I was pleased this many books were around. Reminded me of the Boston shows a few years ago. Bought from Bedrock City (very nice guy - got an easy NM- 9.2 Witches tales 23 and a F/VF (aka F+++) Intrique #1 (a Quality comic - only issue of that title). A-1 Comics was there and got several nice Atlas pre-code horrors (one of them is in Punchline thread). Someone I never saw before - just has a plain card with his name and number - John Dolmayan - anyone know him? I assume he is a musician as well because a few people were asking for his autogrpah and wondering when his next cd would be out. Anyway, got a really nice Chamber of Chills and Haunted Thrills from him. He was priced about guide but was offering 20% off - I got the two for 25% off. They both had a couple of crease problems but beyond that, look like NM- books. Gorgeous. Finally, old Harley Yee.

Let me tell you, Harley had four short boxes of pre-code horror and another batch of higher priced stuff in a seperate area behind the counter, which he let me look through. Harley did the same thing he did to me last time me met - asked if my name was Art . grin.gif. I had to laugh. (It is Michael) but he DID remember me! Well, he is at least consistent. Looking through Harley's stuff is about like looking through Gerber's Photo-Journal but full size. Man he had a TON of stuff.

I picked up a total of 17 comics. When I read the number - 17 does not seem like muuch. But looking through them it seems like a nice amount. I averaged $82 a book, which shocked me but also pleased me because some of these are really killer (pardon the pre-code horror pun).

I'll return tomorrow with just a few hundred and spend time seeing what is going on. I'll use my meager remains to poick up some BA horror type books for reading fun - think I will get more than 17 of them! grin.gif