• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling 100s of modern books...what would you do?

35 posts in this topic

Seriously why are you being such a [embarrassing lack of self control]? You still haven't shown me where I said I was in a huge hurry to sell my comics. As for not replying to your PM I hadn't gotten around to it yet but I was going to before you through a hissy fit like a 12 year old girl. I was waiting till I had gone through and made a partial list of what runs I had of mainstream titles. Why the negativity? Did I do something to you that I am unaware of or are you seriously that mad because I didn't respond to your PM?

I do get upset when someone doesn't respond to a friendly PM within 2 days ...sorry if I sounded harsh...

You sounded like you were anxious to sell and I had some moolah to throw your way if you wanted to cinch a deal...alas...the moolah has gone towards a differant investment...

Good luck with what you are trying to accomplish... thumbsup2.gif

I do get upset when someone doesn't respond to a friendly PM within 2 days ...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Note to self: Wait two weeks before replying to Rick's PMs thumbsup2.gif

"Friendly" being the operative word... makepoint.gif

Have you checked out or tried Craigslist? It's an alternative to eBay. It fits your local and quick needs. Here are the links:

Homepage:

www.craigslist.org

Regional for Pittsburg, PA

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/

It's worth a shot and you can possibly get what you want. I'm not sure if there's a cost for listing, but definately try it out.

You may not have explicitely stated that you need to sell your comics in a hurry, but you did say that you just moved into a new apartment, need room, and are in a dilemma. Most people would interpret that to mean you have a desire to get rid of the books so you can have some free space in your new pad.

but hey, that's just my opinion...

I talked to someone who had a very low taxable income but still wanted to make a tax-deductable donation. He gave the donatable goods to a well-to-do close friend, the close friend donated it, applied the receipt to his taxes, and then passed on the refund.