• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corner wear into a 9.6?

10 posts in this topic

Is this corner wear enough to knock an otherwise 9.8 to a lower grade? Could it possibly still be a 9.8 if I get the right graders or is this never going to be a 9.8? Has anyone seen corners like this in a graded 9.8?

DSCF4629 (2).JPG

DSCF4630 (2).JPG

Its fine. The seller never claimed it was a 9.8 or anything. They were just selling 5 books and I thought they looked like at least some would be 9.8s. It looks like two of them will be, with pressing, so hopefully not a total loss. They are for my personal collection and there aren't a lot of issues in the series that have 9.8s so I am having to look for them in raw form. I expect to end up with a lot of dead ends. Just part of the process. If I end up with some that grade lower I'll just sell them and keep going. I probably wont send this one in though.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, Urion said:

Is this corner wear enough to knock an otherwise 9.8 to a lower grade? Could it possibly still be a 9.8 if I get the right graders or is this never going to be a 9.8? Has anyone seen corners like this in a graded 9.8?

DSCF4629 (2).JPG

DSCF4630 (2).JPG

This won't even get 9.6

It looks like that bottom left corner and spine wear is problematic