• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Superboy 89

7 posts in this topic

Not the best pic to go on as I don't have the comic with me since I sent it to a friend in the USA who'll be able to send if for a c&p and slabbing, but wondering what this might be before its c&p. Not got a back cover pic handy so you'll have to base any estimate on the f cover only. Also got a 2nd one of this in similar condition.

IMG_2301.JPG

18 hours ago, Doctor Dositheus said:

Okay, I feel bad for making a joke, but we need some more explanation for what we're seeing here.

You said you sent it out, but presumably you have seen it in person and looked inside the bag?

Ofc I've seen it in person, bought them both for $100 each 20 years ago. Never bothered taking either of them out of the bags though, simply stored them away in a box with the rest of my high grade LSH collection. Upon recently seeing the 9.0 and above price of this particular issue now I wouldn't want to remove them from their bags either as I wouldn't want to risk putting them back without damaging the books in some way since according to the census there are only 5 known copies of this book in 9.2 or above or 7 copies higher than 8.5, which would imo make this key issue incredibly scarce in high grade.

If anyone wants to have a go at grading the cover at least, even though it's in a bag, feel free to do so.

OK, assuming everything light purple is just the bag, I still see 1 normal and and 1-2 tiny spine ticks. Also the white spot on the top of the left plateau in the background es extremely common for this issue, leading me to believe this was a printing issue at some point. But the additional wear immediately to the left where the plateau meets level ground will count against it. The bottom corners are less than perfect. I still think it could get a 9.0 maybe, again assuming there are no flaws we can't see.