• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birds of Prey: Spoiler Warning!

34 posts in this topic

Yeah, but you need to remember that there's still Infinite Crisis to get through. So Jason Todd returned, Donna Troy returned, and now this in Birds of Prey. It could all have something to do with IC and it may not all be permanent.

Just a though.

IIt could all have something to do with IC and it may not all be permanent.

Just a though.

If that is the case (that it'll all revert back to pre-infinite crisis reality), then I hope all the Bendis Bashers here who pisz and moan about how bad HOM is, give IC and DC their fair share of criticism. Looks like the big two are dipping from the same house of ideas...

IIt could all have something to do with IC and it may not all be permanent.

Just a though.

If that is the case (that it'll all revert back to pre-infinite crisis reality), then I hope all the Bendis Bashers here who pisz and moan about how bad HOM is, give IC and DC their fair share of criticism. Looks like the big two are dipping from the same house of ideas...

Yeah, but at least DC's is a MUCH better story... cloud9.gif

Infinite Crisis is NOT about alternate realities, Darth.

It's a story of heroes besieged on numerous fronts - and how the DCU (particularly the Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman Trinity & their related "families") is cracking under the strain of such attacks.

It's about interplanetary war, it's about villains united, it's about a mad AI deciding it's time to remove the superhumans from the equation. And then magic has been destroyed... all of these things are happening at once and the heroes are all divided because their own actions have led to much of this happening and the JLA is on the verge of shattering going into the Crisis.

There's no talk of alternate realities, or time loops, or anything of the like that Marvel is dipping into.

What is interesting is that going into the "Infinite Crisis" the major players who "died" in the Crisis on Infinite Earths and in subsequent years (Zero Hour, etc.) have been slowly coming back to active service... Supergirl is back again, many members of the original JSA have come back, a certain Flash is here again, Green Lantern and Green Arrow died and came back... and now a certain former Batgirl may be able to return to active duty.

I always wondered why she didn't get fixed already. With all the super-technology, magic, and super-powered healing possible, why was her injury permanent? I'm sure there was some weak explanation given somewhere, but why would an 8-foot-tall Wookie from Khyyshyk live on Endor with the Ewoks?

Infinite Crisis is NOT about alternate realities, Darth.

I get that part Kev since I'm reading both right now. I was just replying specifically to Jack Anderson's post where he suggests that the changes (resurrections, healings, deaths of characters) may not be permanent and I read an implication that the changes from Infinite Crisis would be "rectified" shortly after...ie, radically shaking up the status quo to sell books for an event that is really destined to be a non-event...sort of what HOM is...

The impact of the Killing Joke is still profound. Barbara Gordon was shot and lost the use of her legs. That hasn't changed, it still happened, it's still a major part of that character's backstory.

So now, presumably, based on the last page of the latest BOP she's going to be able to walk again... what does that mean? If handled well it's interesting melodrama.

And the changes of Infinite Crisis aren't meant to be undone anytime soon. That doesn't mean they won't be... lots of things from the original Crisis and subsequent crossovers have been revisited and reversed. These are corporate toys that can be manipulated to serve the publisher's purposes.

It seems an awful mistake to me to give Babs her walking papers (bad pun, sorry). i just don't know why DC would be so willing to a) bastardize the work of one of the greatest writers they ever had, and b) undo the complexities of their characters.

Oh , wait, money, right. insane.gif

So here's how this is going to play out. Ready, guys?

1) The current Batgirl series gets the ax.

2) Batgirl is shortly relaunched, this time with Babs Gordon. Oooh boy, a brand new #1 issue!

3) The former Batgirl gets a makeover as a "new" character, and gets a brand spanking new series of her own. Another #1 issue, oh goody! But of course, first she gets a 6 issue mini introducing her "rebirth." sleeping.gif Make sure you pick up all the variant covers!

Gawd, it's getting to the point where I could write this bullt in my sleep.

You're all crazy. Think of the fun Simone can have with Babs on this one. She can put her through the ringer by making her think she can walk again only to take that away from her.

Besides, all she can do now is wiggle her toes. That ain't walkin'.