• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Jack Kirby's Romance of Money First Published Work

6 posts in this topic

two(2) buy it nows sold for $1500 each already in the sold listings on eBay and a third copy that went up for auction fetched $811

your copy looks much nicer than the one that sold in auction so if it was me i would take 12 revealing pictures, describe everything in detail and put it up for auction with a minimum bid of $1499

if it doesn't sell after a few weeks and you don't need the money right away then lower your price $100 every few weeks until it does sell

On 5/4/2020 at 7:04 PM, 1950's war comics said:

two(2) buy it nows sold for $1500 each already in the sold listings on eBay and a third copy that went up for auction fetched $811

your copy looks much nicer than the one that sold in auction so if it was me i would take 12 revealing pictures, describe everything in detail and put it up for auction with a minimum bid of $1499

if it doesn't sell after a few weeks and you don't need the money right away then lower your price $100 every few weeks until it does sell

If you like the book and don't need the money, you can be more patient than that. It can sometimes take months to find a buyer for a book, even when priced at FMV. 

To try and answer the original question, I am thinking something like 5.0 range. Market as that but I am saying that assuming the back doesn’t have any stains or anything. If it does, a bit lower and if it’s sharp, you could maybe say 5.5.