• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clean/press Lethal protector
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello all! 
New to this forum, but have a quick question. I recently got back into collecting comics, and discovered an old lethal protector #1 gold version I had gotten back when I was a kid. It appears to be in excellent condition, except for a crease in the top left corner of the book. Im wondering if it would be a good candidate for a pressing, as I think it could potentially receive a 9.6 or better if this one defect was removed. Any advice? If better pictures are required please let me know... the comic is in a hazy plastic encasement that I taped the edges. If necessary I can remove it for more clear pictures. Thanks! 

48EA947A-73AB-4753-A0C4-60E502FB7A29.jpeg

F5A2E537-2484-4D4F-BD15-D4A0FDA38B79.jpeg

Edited by Gary Z
Update

7 hours ago, Deadpoolica said:

Pressing cannot help color breaking creases 

+1 on that.  There are a couple of creases below the corner, too, in the logo area.  With pressing, they would become less noticeable, but not by much.  Also, these cardstock covers (with foil, too) aren't the best pressing subjects.  Not like thinner paper would be, the paper being more malleable.  You're kind of stuck with whatever grade it is in now, which still might carry some value. 

You'll have to check out lower grades to find out.  We can't see the rest of the comic, but if it has more spine creases, front or back, maybe some corner touches, etc., even the 8's might be hard to reach.

Too many color breaks for this book to get any grade starting with a 9. Pressing would help minimally. 

Pressing will get everything to lay flat, but you will still be left with all the color breaks. I see at least 3 breaks just in the corner picture you shared with us. A full size scan or picture would be very helpful in helping assign a final grade guess.