• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archaic Phrases in Buying and Selling Online from 2000 that are Kind of Meaningless in 2020.
2 2

211 posts in this topic

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I will pay so long as you continually update me on your progress.   

https://courseforanger.com/

Side note... I just signed up for a 12 issue subscription with Marvel Comics for my ASM fix.  Now what is interesting about that.  Midtown Comics does not (or I overlooked it) offer a single title subscription.  However, once I confirmed my order for ASM through Marvel itself, I was notified that Midtown Comics will be fulfilling the order.    Wouldn't it simply be cheaper if Midtown offered single title subscriptions on their own?  I am sure they are paying Marvel some type of finder's fee to be the facilitator of these orders. 

Buzz many ppl were grateful for my 'problem' as they were being attacked when I stepped in.  Not sure they would approve me seeking 'help'.

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

well this thread has gone in a direction I did not anticipate.

I am about to post a few pics of fights I have captured.  Stay tuned. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I am about to post a few pics of fights I have captured.  Stay tuned. 

I can confirm these are good ****

This one is my personal favorite. 

You can almost see the F word rolling off the lips of the guy to the right.  I had to walk up close to get this pic.   I pretty much remember the guy on the left yelling that he was going to kick the guy on the right's arse if he didn't shut up and sit down.  The guy on the right was not hearing it.  I had to get in close to get this one as I knew it would be interesting.  They went right at it after the guy on the right told the guy on the left what he could do with himself.  I backed away once they started bouncing all over the car.   You will notice the cops about to board and end it.  I thought it would be prudent to slip into the background. 

36795_416884687962_3430758_n.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I just signed up for a 12 issue subscription with Marvel Comics for my ASM fix.  Now what is interesting about that.  Midtown Comics does not (or I overlooked it) offer a single title subscription.  However, once I confirmed my order for ASM through Marvel itself, I was notified that Midtown Comics will be fulfilling the order.    Wouldn't it simply be cheaper if Midtown offered single title subscriptions on their own?  I am sure they are paying Marvel some type of finder's fee to be the facilitator of these orders. 

I'm glad that you were able to get a subscription :tink:

I was able to get a green lantern subscription for someone about 6 years ago.... wasn't sure if it was still a viable thing or not...

Price wise it wasn't too bad? When we did it, it was relatively cover price per issue, been a minute though...

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm glad that you were able to get a subscription :tink:

I was able to get a green lantern subscription for someone about 6 years ago.... wasn't sure if it was still a viable thing or not...

Price wise it wasn't too bad? When we did it, it was relatively cover price per issue, been a minute though...

$29 for 12 issues shipped. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

This one is my personal favorite. 

You can almost see the F word rolling off the lips of the guy to the right.  I had to walk up close to get this pic.   I pretty much remember the guy on the left yelling that he was going to kick the guy on the right's arse if he didn't shut up and sit down.  The guy on the right was not hearing it.  I had to get in close to get this one as I knew it would be interesting.  They went right at it after the guy on the right told the guy on the left what he could do with himself.  I backed away once they started bouncing all over the car. 

36795_416884687962_3430758_n.jpg

Is that a cop in the middle?

Looked like he might have a badge...

For reference... that was July 30th 2010 according to Facebook.   Who knows where these fine examples of civilized society are today, ten years later. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 7.42.50 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

For reference... that was July 30th 2010 according to Facebook.   Who knows where these fine examples of civilized society are today, ten years later. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 7.42.50 PM.png

Watchmen Somebody Knows GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

ohhhh.... cool - the aftermath... 

There was blood all over the LIRR car...   They really did go at it see? 

37982_416886177962_6012679_n.jpg

I am going to see if I can set up the outdoor fire place... might sit there and read the boards from there.... be back eventually 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I am going to see if I can set up the outdoor fire place 

200 square feet?

30 minutes ago, kav said:

200 square feet?

400 square feet -  CAK did some work on the backyard 

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

where are the rats?

Seriously... that is a big problem on Long Island in the last year, especially on the South Shore. 

Wait you talking about rodents or something else?  The rodents are on the South Shore.  However, I work with a couple of rats. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Seriously... that is a big problem on Long Island in the last year, especially on the South Shore. 

Wait you talking about rodents or something else?  The rodents are on the South Shore.  However, I work with a couple of rats. 

and not the Ratatouille kind folks.