• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea? Maybe - I will throw it out there anyway.

7 posts in this topic

I saw that James Gunn did it... but not quite in this way... 

Is it an intellectual property theft?  I believe it to be a gray area since we are not profiting off of this in any way and it is a closed group of 'friends' 

So while I was scrolling through Netflix after perusing the boards here, I came across the Nic Cage, "Ghostrider" film.  I thought to myself, "Self, how amazing would it be to livestream this and have a watch party and make fun critique it like MST:3000 or something with a few of these board members.

So... I tested it out. 

I used two google addresses where I streamed the movie by sharing my netflix screen whole in google meet and went to another room and logged in with another gmail address with my phone.  It works.

So... good idea... bad idea... how much trouble could come out of this? 

Edited by Buzzetta

@Bosco685

Fine... I edited the idea in.

And Grande is pretty frickin talented... not a show I would go to but she can hold her own singing... as seen on SNL and when she has been on Late Night shows imitating other singers. lol 

On 5/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

I saw that James Gunn did it... but not quite in this way... 

Is it an intellectual property theft?  I believe it to be a gray area since we are not profiting off of this in any way and it is a closed group of 'friends' 

So while I was scrolling through Netflix after perusing the boards here, I came across the Nic Cage, "Ghostrider" film.  I thought to myself, "Self, how amazing would it be to livestream this and have a watch party and make fun critique it like MST:3000 or something with a few of these board members.

So... I tested it out. 

I used two google addresses where I streamed the movie by sharing my netflix screen whole in google meet and went to another room and logged in with another gmail address with my phone.  It works.

So... good idea... bad idea... how much trouble could come out of this? 

The challenge is how some will turn it into a 'my favorite company vs all others' because they just can help themselves.

Make it non-comic book productions and you're probably in a safer space. Like MST3000 or Swengoolie.