• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big of drop for a large sticker?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

That looks like a sticker you could remove using Goo Gone.  The cover has some gloss to it, so that's a big help.  I would test an inconspicuous spot with the Goo Gone to make sure it is going to just sit on top of the surface, no soak in.  Even if it does a bit, it evaporates out.  If that test goes ok, I'd spread some on the tag with my finger, trying not to get too much past the edges.  Wait 15-30 minutes and it should just lift off pretty easily.  Smearing some more Goo on the remaining glue residue, working it in, gets rid of that.  Then it's like it was never there..

1 hour ago, Lightning55 said:

That looks like a sticker you could remove using Goo Gone.  The cover has some gloss to it, so that's a big help.  I would test an inconspicuous spot with the Goo Gone to make sure it is going to just sit on top of the surface, no soak in.  Even if it does a bit, it evaporates out.  If that test goes ok, I'd spread some on the tag with my finger, trying not to get too much past the edges.  Wait 15-30 minutes and it should just lift off pretty easily.  Smearing some more Goo on the remaining glue residue, working it in, gets rid of that.  Then it's like it was never there..

Agree. I like to get a corner up then work my way from there. Little bit goes a long way. I think I use un du or something but goo gone probably the same or better I dont remember trying it but could have. 

Grade with sticker I have no idea. Let's say it's a 9.8 I am sure it wouldn't be but. How many people will pay 9.8 price with that sticker on it. Somebody might though. 

Also might want to practice on another book with a similar cover sticker. Buy one if you have to. It's easy but you might need to have a lil confidence booster. Better yet if you dont press your own books and plan to press it let your presser do it.

I had an FF48 with a sticker covering the price. Sent it to CCS for removal, then on to CGC for grading. Came back a 6.5. That’s what I’d recommend. 

Edit: that said, I’m no expert on Super Mario comics. It would have to be a decent value book to make it worth it. FWIW.

Edited by oldrover