• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you ask about pressing or just not bid??

11 posts in this topic

Don't bid.

Your answer could be "yes, the book is pressed" and you'll move on.

Or, your answer could be "Pressing? What is this 'pressing' you speak of?" and you'll still move on because you are sneaky suspicious. =)

And do you get what you consider honest answers?

One would hope but I suppose time will tell. Not much else one can do besides simply stay away from the item.

At the very least I will be in a stronger position to go after the seller if I do find out they lied to me. And I will if I ever find out I was lied to.

BTW, I am not talking about instances where the seller did not know and responds in good faith and it turns out the item was pressed. I am referring to situations where the seller has personal knowledge of the modification.

I pose this question all the time to sellers in order to allow as close to an informed decision as possible.

I would tell you who I purchased the book from. I'm not sure that would be adequate information or not.

I pose this question all the time to sellers in order to allow as close to an informed decision as possible.

I would tell you who I purchased the book from. I'm not sure that would be adequate information or not.

Depending upon the seller, that might be very helpful.

Again, one has to take some answers at their face value. I don't expect sellers to know the complete history of the books in their possession. Of course, if they were the ones to modify a book or arrange for the book to be modified, or had been told by the previous owner that work had been done, well, that is something entirely different.

boy, if comics just had a VIN number - CIN number, i guess - in the indica, none of this would have ever been a problem. or at least, a much much smaller problem

there's a book that i'd be interested in listed by someone who's been talked about to death on this board as a suspected presser. would you email the seller a question about the possibility of it being pressed or would you just not bid on it?

Just buy the book.

There are thousand of pressed books out their (you probably aleady have some). If you don't like pressed books, stop collecting.

Plus, if you buy the book, maybe you'll sell me some books a little cheaper. cloud9.gif