• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Returning to Collecting
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I have a collection I just recently started going through during the stay at home order. It;s all 30 to 40 years old and I decided to take some books to a friend who runs a comic store who submitted them to CDC (I wasn't a member at the time, until today). One of the books I submitted was a Hulk #181 and now I am wondering if I should have done pressing. I haven't received the order back yet so I was wondering if I can request it or would I have to re-send once I get it back depending on grade? Thanks Robb 

15 hours ago, Robb_Holm said:

I have a collection I just recently started going through during the stay at home order. It;s all 30 to 40 years old and I decided to take some books to a friend who runs a comic store who submitted them to CDC (I wasn't a member at the time, until today). One of the books I submitted was a Hulk #181 and now I am wondering if I should have done pressing. I haven't received the order back yet so I was wondering if I can request it or would I have to re-send once I get it back depending on grade? Thanks Robb 

Maybe contact CGC Customer Service @1-877-NM-COMIC?

Welcome to the boards and back to the hobby!

18 hours ago, Robb_Holm said:

well  I Imagine the order is under your friend's account.  He may be the one who would have to contact CGC about getting extra service.

Did you happen to take pics of the book before submitting it?  If so you could post them on the "Spare a Grade" forum for opinions about the condition &poss need for a press     I also have a 30-40 year old collection (incl a Hulk 181) which staying at home last  year for a couple of weeks due to my wife's recuperation gave me time to go thru them all and get back into the hobby.  Good luck!

Edited by csaag
typo

16 hours ago, Robb_Holm said:

I decided to take some books to a friend who runs a comic store who submitted them to CDC

Are you worried that they might be infected? :shy:

If somebody else submitted them, they will have to be the ones to deal with CGC if you have questions or want to try to change something.

I had the owner look at the book and his thought 9.2 or 9.4 on the #181. I would assume he is pretty well versed considering he views graded copies all the time. It was good enough that now I am wondering if additional service may get up to a 9.6 or 9.8 on the copy. Thanks for the suggestion on the forum, I will definitely look at that.

3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Are you worried that they might be infected? :shy:

If somebody else submitted them, they will have to be the ones to deal with CGC if you have questions or want to try to change something.

I was able to have the dealer contact them to get it done. I certainly hope they aren't infected, lol.