• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you Determine Value?

4 posts in this topic

When I start my submission it wants to know the Value of my comic and I have honestly no idea because I don't know much about grading, that's why I want to get some of them graded. I have a lot of early Fantastic Four and they where given to me. Is there somewhere I go or will they determine for me?

11 hours ago, MegomanJess said:

When I start my submission it wants to know the Value of my comic and I have honestly no idea because I don't know much about grading, that's why I want to get some of them graded. I have a lot of early Fantastic Four and they where given to me. Is there somewhere I go or will they determine for me?

The value is just for insurance purposes. The number you write down is how much you'd want them to give you back if they lost your book. 

If you really have no clue, then buy the Overstreet Price guide and the Overstreet Grading guide and just match what the book looks like with the grade and price.

The FMV value you put down also affect your return shipping (due to insurance costs)

I would suggest to put some good scans of the covers on the "Buddy can you spare a grade" forum and you will hopefully get some good opinions on  possible grades.  From there you could use free resources like goCollect/Ebay completed sales etc to see what those grades are selling for.  The FMV you put down also affects the service Tier (turnaround times & CGC fees)