• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Membership Credit

5 posts in this topic

Jason

Your credit card wont be charged until CGC receives the package and moves it into the CGC queue. The $150 credit is applied to the CGC grading services only (not CCS pressing or shipping charges). When you print the packing slip it will show the grading fees but your $150 credit will be applied before your card is charged. My $150 credit was applied over three different shipments.

With regard to shipping, they will ship different tiers back separately and you will have to pay shipping on each. When you prepare the packing slip it will show the different shipments and shipping charges. For example if you send in a box of 30 books with 20 moderns and 10 values they will ship the 20 moderns and 10 values back separately. It is more cost effective to try to send in bundles of 25 in each tier to get the most cost effective shipping rates.

Just want to follow up on this topic, it's been a long time for me having CGC membership. Please help with these questions:

Is the $150 credit apply After or Before 10% discount on grading fee?

Do I wait for the membership certificate mail to me to apply this credit & discount or I can start my submission right away with discount/credit applied automatically?

Thank you!

I'm no CGC expert, but this is what I think about your questions.

Getting a 10% discount is a perk for having a premium membership. So, I believe that CGC would take off 10% on all your books to be graded, and then apply the $150 credit toward the costs.

As for a membership certificate, I have not heard of that. I can guarantee that I never got one. I think once you pay, you should be expecting to receive the $150 credit in a day or two (if not immediately).

I hope this helps!

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer