• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sega's SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 starring Idris Elba, Ben Schwartz (4/8/2022)
1 1

43 posts in this topic

The first impressions of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 are in and critics are loving it. Despite some controversy surrounding how Sonic looked before the first film came out, it was a roaring success and was one of the last big movies to release before the pandemic. It continued to find success when it was pushed to streaming after theaters temporarily closed down in early 2020, giving families something to watch while stuck inside. The massive success allowed Paramount to quickly greenlight a sequel and roughly two years later, the sequel is now out. This time, Sonic is joined by Tails and Knuckles in his new adventure and it looks like it could top the first film.

Went to see it today with my son. He really enjoyed the first movie and was counting down the days until this weekend.

I enjoyed it more than the first movie. Less of the annoying stuff from the first movie and more of what made the first movie bearable. 

Oh, and the action sequences and fight scenes were very well done. Would have been happy watching two hours of the fight scenes TBH. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

So I took my two boys (age 9 and 12) to this yesterday (4:20pm showing).  We were the only three people in the theater, which surprised me since at least 1/2 the schools here are on spring break this week.

The two kids enjoyed it just as much as the 1st one and they cannot wait for Sonic 3 (which we hope is coming because of the mid-credit scene).

I enjoyed it, the movie had enough going for it that it was engaging for me (50 year old man).  Of couse it probably helps that I had the very first Sonic game on my Sega Genisis way back when.  Over all I'd give it a solid "A" score.