• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic 3 coming up on ComicConnet
2 2

24 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

The part that I found hilarious while reading through this was the following:

3. IGB leaves AF 15 with CGC to correct warp in spine.
4. March 2015, CGC informs IGB that AF 15 was damaged at lower right hand corner in pressing process. they mended the comic and sent it back to IGB.

From other comments that I have read here about the quality of the pressing service from CCS, this almost sounds like par for the course.  :facepalm:

And some newbie boardies here wonder why the Dentist doesn't bother to have his Action 1 pressed, let alone to even have it graded.  :screwy:

Based on my observation popped staples are common during the pressing process 

12 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Yeah, it is getting bad with a lot of books you see in auction now. If not fully popped, nasty pulls/tears at the staples.

12 hours ago, kimik said:
13 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Yeah, it is getting bad with a lot of books you see in auction now. If not fully popped, nasty pulls/tears at the staples.

Any idea if CGC downgrades a book very much for this kind of defect since they probably know it's most likely just part of the pressing process?  ???

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea if CGC downgrades a book very much for this kind of defect since they probably know it's most likely just part of the pressing process?  ???

It seems like those defects get a free pass or close to it if the books are coming from CCS. I've lost count of how many books I've seen that get higher grades even though they look worse. CCS seems to have turned pressing into a high-speed process with ultra high humidity, ultra high heat, and incredibly high pressure in pursuit of a reduced cycle time. The upshot is millions of ruined but gift-graded comic books.

Edited by jimbo_7071