• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting already stabbed book for private signing?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I have a book already graded and encapsulated, yellow label, that I would like to submit for a signing, but have a couple questions. First it says there is a $5 fee but when going through the submission process I don't see any place to designate it as a already graded book. Second, it says that I need to put it in a window bag, which I can't do, how will it be determined where my book is signed?

• Administrator

Hi, thanks for your message.  There is a $5 fee to crack out a previously encapsulated book.  You don't have to put the book in a window bag but we do recommend including a window bag in with your book if you want the book to be signed in a particular place.  You don't need to notate on the form that it is already graded, the fee will be added here on our end when we receive the order.

Thanks!

• Administrator

Once the book is cracked out of the CGC holder, the original grade is no longer valid.  It is possible that the grade made change.  While all of the artists signing do try to be as careful as possible with the books they are signing, there is always the chance with any signing that additional defects might be made during the signing process which would effect the grade.  If this is something you are concerned about, you might want to consider adding pressing to your services.  In that case the book would go into pressing after the signature but before grading.

Thanks!

• Administrator

Yes, if the book arrives at our office encapsulated we would crack it out prior to the signing and put it into a window bag.  If you include your own with your book then we will use that or we will also have a supply of them at our office we can use if you don't have your own or forget to include it. 

Thanks!