• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 84 page framed

18 posts in this topic

Awesome! If you ever want to sell this baby, keep me in mind!! I used to own the cover and miss that Adaptoid v. Cap thing! Dan F. hail.gif

Sell it??? Blasphemy!!! 27_laughing.gif

Who did you sell the 84 cover to? That is a grail piece. I read this comic as a kid and it made a major impression on me!

Thanks for the kudos everyone. The framing cost me about $250 with a dual matting (white with a black border matte around all three pieces) and UV-blocking glass. They also used a slightly deeper frame than I normally get so that they could frame the full issue of the comic without having to tape it or damage it in any way (I used a nice VF copy that I got from Divad for the full issue, and I had them cut the interior page out of a beater copy I got from Silver Surfer -- thanks again, guys!)

I had more than one piece framed so I did get a 20% discount, which helped!

Awesome! If you ever want to sell this baby, keep me in mind!! I used to own the cover and miss that Adaptoid v. Cap thing! Dan F. hail.gif

Sell it??? Blasphemy!!! 27_laughing.gif

It could happen... you never know... hey, I sold the cover! DF wink.gif

Great, great piece.

I know I'm in the minority, but Giacoia was always my favorite Kirby inker. FG picked up on certain Kirby cues (the "chin squiggle" and other musculature tricks) in a way that that just makes the figure work shine.

Thanks for the comments!

He's definitely one of my favorite Kirby inkers. I think Giacoia did as nice a job on those Caps as Sinnott did on Jack's FF pencils. Syd Shores also did nice work on the Cap series.