• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Suspense thread
5 5

404 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2023 at 4:58 PM, FoggyNelson said:

I’m jealous 🤯

Me, too. 
I used to have the 1-99 run; of course NOT in the gleaming conditions bc enjoys. 
Now I have just the Cap issues.

Edited by KirbyJack

On 6/15/2023 at 9:26 AM, bc said:

Thread needs a group shot

TOS_Complete.thumb.jpg.0667277ac0dd60c1f50afd230ac9d8cd.jpg

-bc

This is awesome!!! I must admit, I kinda want a blanket that looks like this, with the TOS 39 & 40 added into the lineage after the #38 to replace the yellow box at the top. Laugh all you want, but I bet it'd be a hot seller if a local comic shop sold them for $50!!!  :banana:

On 6/18/2023 at 8:21 PM, Frisco Larson said:

This is awesome!!! I must admit, I kinda want a blanket that looks like this, with the TOS 39 & 40 added into the lineage after the #38 to replace the yellow box at the top. Laugh all you want, but I bet it'd be a hot seller if a local comic shop sold them for $50!!!  :banana:

Hmmmmm........

https://www.shutterfly.com/t/fleece-photo-blankets/

If we combine all the cover shots into "1 photo" , it's still a minimum of $70.

-bc

On 6/29/2023 at 12:15 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

I got a Godzilla version using movie posters from the first to Shin Godzilla for a gift earlier this year. It's nicer in person, but it looks like this:

Godzilla Blanket.jpeg

That is so cool!!! I LOVE Godzilla!!! I'm SURE that's why RRO is my favorite PHM monster!!! 

Journey into Mystery 58 5.5 ow-w front.jpg

On 6/27/2023 at 12:56 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Any love out there for when Marvel split the title between two big stars? 

Tales of Suspense 59 raw.jpg

I love the book being split between the two, but what I absolutely HATED - and still do to this day - are when the covers orient the characters on the opposite side of where their name appears in the masthead. I HATE having Iron Man appear below Cap's headline and vice versa. It makes my designer brain short circuit and my eye twitch every time. That #59 cover would just be so good if you flipped the art horizontally (though I get why they did it, as having offset characters and names means if only half the book was peeking out and visible on the newsstand you could see at least one characters name and the other depicted in the art - so easier to advertise what's in the book that way with limited space)

It just hits extra hard when you see perfectly lined up split covers like this - which just feel right.

4367438_Full_Obv.jpg.b0216b57c959a1e6d905e96c120eeabe.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 6/30/2023 at 10:27 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I love the book being split between the two, but what I absolutely HATED - and still do to this day - are when the covers orient the characters on the opposite side of where their name appears in the masthead. I HATE having Iron Man appear below Cap's headline and vice versa. It makes my designer brain short circuit and my eye twitch every time. That #59 cover would just be so good if you flipped the art horizontally (though I get why they did it, as having offset characters and names means if only half the book was peeking out and visible on the newsstand you could see at least one characters name and the other depicted in the art - so easier to advertise what's in the book that way with limited space)

It just hits extra hard when you see perfectly lined up split covers like this - which just feel right.

4367438_Full_Obv.jpg.b0216b57c959a1e6d905e96c120eeabe.jpg

Wow, that is SO interesting to me!!! Seriously, I've never really given any thought or much notice even, to the concept of them being positioned under their name or lack of positioning under their name! I suppose that's just an aesthetic thing that either REALLY bothers you or it doesn't at all. Sweet copy you've got there by the way!!! Such a great issue too!!!  :banana: