• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Auction Site Do You Prefer and Why?

29 posts in this topic

@Unstoppablejayd

Great write up and break down of pros and cons.

Since you mentioned Heritage and PP.  One thing I do like about Heritage payment options is the ability to give them a checking account # and not have to actually MAIL the check (like you do with some other sites).

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

14 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

huh, odd. I had not realized (I use my credit card with them). What also added to my assumption was their recommendation of Paypal as the fastest way for logging into their site, but yeah it's not necessarily related.

image.thumb.png.d35e4d77d17a9f4908606403d3badf4a.png

Thanks for the info!

No problem.. I am actually surprised PayPal lets them still use them to sign in but wont use them for payments??? lol-  It has actually hindered my impulse buying because I always had the safety net of paypal credit with no interest for 6 months before. Now without that option I am more calculated about what and how high I go fro things. 

Something else I wanted to add, the different sites attract different fans/customers due to the different kinds of books they will have. With heritage, it's big ticket items. So lots of Golden age or big keys from other eras. Very little modern by comparison. They usually only accept to consign for something worth 5000$ total and work a lot with estates (like when a collector dies and the family wants to liquidate assests to get their inheritance) so what you'll see are more expensive or more classical items.

Mycomicshop is at the total end of the spectrum. There you'll find the cheaper stuff, lots of moderns, and slabs that could even sell for less than 20$. That's where you'll find the 0.5 reader copies for golden age books.

Comicconect and Comiclink are in the middle. They will have a bit of everything. They are usually where I'll go for silver and bronze age books that are less than $1000, for instance. Heritage will maybe have a couple of copies of Detective Comics 400 go up a year, while that and all other keys from the Neal Adams batman run can be found at those two auction houses all year round.

Comiclink doesn't kill you on the run up like the other sights do.I put in my best top bid you are willing to pay and hope for the best.The others are good for sellers not so good for buyers but that is just my 2 cents :smile:

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Something else I wanted to add, the different sites attract different fans/customers due to the different kinds of books they will have. With heritage, it's big ticket items. So lots of Golden age or big keys from other eras. Very little modern by comparison. They usually only accept to consign for something worth 5000$ total and work a lot with estates (like when a collector dies and the family wants to liquidate assests to get their inheritance) so what you'll see are more expensive or more classical items.

Mycomicshop is at the total end of the spectrum. There you'll find the cheaper stuff, lots of moderns, and slabs that could even sell for less than 20$. That's where you'll find the 0.5 reader copies for golden age books.

Comicconect and Comiclink are in the middle. They will have a bit of everything. They are usually where I'll go for silver and bronze age books that are less than $1000, for instance. Heritage will maybe have a couple of copies of Detective Comics 400 go up a year, while that and all other keys from the Neal Adams batman run can be found at those two auction houses all year round.

Interesting perspective.  

Thank you for sharing.  

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

Comiclink doesn't kill you on the run up like the other sights do.I put in my best top bid you are willing to pay and hope for the best.The others are good for sellers not so good for buyers but that is just my 2 cents :smile:

Jack;

Given you know more about comics than I could learn in a life time, I would say your 2 cents is worth a lot more than a couple thin pennies.  

Thank you for your thoughts and I hope you are doing well, my friend. 

20 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Jack;

Given you know more about comics than I could learn in a life time, I would say your 2 cents is worth a lot more than a couple thin pennies.  

Thank you for your thoughts and I hope you are doing well, my friend. 

I'm doing just fine in a crazy world but have all my past memories to draw upon.I hope you are doing fine also Rich we have this place to escape to now and then all great comic people (thumbsu