• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SONY FINALLY REVEALS THE PLAYSTATION 5
1 1

27 posts in this topic

One version of the PlayStation 5 will have an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive and the other version offered will be a Digital Edition without a disc drive.  You can see both versions side-by-side towards the end of the video below (at about the 2:30 mark).

Microsoft had already revealed what its new system will look like.  Here's a picture of the new Xbox for Comparison.  Microsoft went for a more utilitarian design that focuses heavily on keeping the console cool and quiet.....which I do believe is going to be important for this generation, given how much more powerful the new consoles are going to be.

xBox.jpg.86b5d4905f50ac53b1e8b49d9e73e160.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

9 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Was there a price given during the release yesterday?

Not officially. It's allegedly (from people who have "reliable sources") going to be $499 USD for the full version. The Digital-Only will likely be less ($449?).

10 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

One version of the PlayStation 5 will have an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive and the other version offered will be a Digital Edition without a disc drive.  You can see both versions side-by-side towards the end of the video below (at about the 2:30 mark).

Microsoft had already revealed what its new system will look like.  Here's a picture of the new Xbox for Comparison.  Microsoft went for a more utilitarian design that focuses heavily on keeping the console cool and quiet.....which I do believe is going to be important for this generation, given how much more powerful the new consoles are going to be.

xBox.jpg.86b5d4905f50ac53b1e8b49d9e73e160.jpg

I agree with you on that.  As well dramatized earlier this year (by me), my Samsung TV overheated and had a lil' fire on the inside and melted from the inside out.  It was a problem by design where the technology that had these ultra bright and luminous screens led to intense heat.  Due to a lack of a proper heating ventilation system the thing melted from the inside out.

This new generation of systems already look like they will be doing double duty and will be generating an intense amount of heat.  Without a proper ventilation system, you can have the best product in the world, but you are going to disappoint your consumer base if you can only play for an hour at a time before overheating issues come into play. 

Side note: I have an X-Box One I barely use with the gold membership.  I might be cancelling it for the first time this year.  Will I still keep my user name if I cancel my gold membership or does it fall into public domain again? 

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I cannot wait for the series x but in all seriousness I'm disappointed with the rumours of the new GTA taking place in the 70s and 80s

Why?

All that great music you can listen too while out and about on a crime spree, plus you can go to Ponsonby's and buy flares and sheepskin coats and 5 inch heeled shoes. :banana:

Ehhh Grand Theft Auto loses is allure once you witness someone get hit and go through the car and end up in the backseat with their head twisted funny then look at you and die.