• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiderman 300

6 posts in this topic

Honestly, probably never. They trust their employees only and thus, must witness any and all signatures. If you want a book slabbed and signed, cons and these new mail in signing events CGC is doing are perfect. Otherwise, what's the harm in enjoying a raw book with a signature? I have many signed books that I keep boarded and displayed in nice top loaders. Just as safe as encasing it, displays great and I can view the signatures (many are on the inside front page) anytime :)

Well, never say never but I hope they never do. The sig series program may not be perfect but it's a hell of a lot more reliable than after the fact authentication which, if you follow signed collectibles in other fields, can be rife with fraud and fakes. 

37 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Well, never say never but I hope they never do. The sig series program may not be perfect but it's a hell of a lot more reliable than after the fact authentication which, if you follow signed collectibles in other fields, can be rife with fraud and fakes. 

This and exactly this.  I can't quite understand anyone arguing that CGC should start verifying.  Take a look at PSA and the mess of verifying signatures based on an educated opinion and the debate between certain pieces having perceived real or fraudulent signatures.