• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zero Feedback Buyer Advice
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Anything over $100 can be a risky thing if you have little evidence to work with.

In cases where I am not sure, I use google search to see if this person has a fraudulent background. It usually shows nothing but it is better than the finding out they are well known. I also check google maps on their address to see the place it is being sent.

My last thing I check is a site set up where people report bad transactions.

Here is the link -- and this one occasionally finds a bad email or address itself:

https://badbuyerlist.org/

I also tend to report people at that site as well when I run into buyer/seller issues.

Can't hurt to do a little research.

1 minute ago, Chazgee said:

Yup, I tried everything in your list.  

In the end, I called ebay and the rep did some research on the new account. Without revealing any info on the user, she  "encouraged" me to follow my gut. I cancelled the transaction under "Problem with Buyers Address". No comment or contact whatsoever from the buyer. I think I dodged a bullet here.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions & input. You guys rock.

(worship)

"WE encourage you to follow your gut if your gut is saying run from this buyer"

27 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

In the end, I called ebay and the rep did some research on the new account. Without revealing any info on the user, she  "encouraged" me to follow my gut. I cancelled the transaction under "Problem with Buyers Address". No comment or contact whatsoever from the buyer. I think I dodged a bullet here.

(worship)

did you make an entry with their information and your experience/comments from the ebay rep? The system is only as good as the people building it

32 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

(worship)

Can he neg you now?

1 hour ago, Chazgee said:

(worship)

good call ! 

you would have been on pins and needles for weeks ... not worth it ..

1 hour ago, Chazgee said:

(worship)

source-3.gif

56 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

did you make an entry with their information and your experience/comments from the ebay rep? The system is only as good as the people building it

I didn't because I don't have any actual negative info on this person, just a "fishy" feeling. I will add their user to our eBay Block User list.

13 hours ago, Chazgee said:

He could, but he hasn't. 

If he is a scammer he won't I would think. They probably don't have any idea what they are buying, they are just looking to RIP off

To elaborate so people aren't confused. I posted a bunch of books on a website to sell and the scammer wanted to send me a cheque and a shipping company would be buy later that day to pick up the books, I would use my mobile app and send them confirmation of the deposit. But it takes 5 days to clear the cheque. All I'm saying is the scammer probably isn't an avid collector, the book will arrive, they will do something so the money is refunded and then try to sell the book. Anyone knows comics have value, that isn't what I'm saying, but they don't know the true value because they are just scumbag scammers

Edited by Hollywood1892