• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPA Alert -script

7 posts in this topic

Might be a dumb question been wondering why GPA doesn't have a wantlist which alerts you when a comic (+grade) you are looking for comes on to market. Understand this would decrease the number of hits they get on their set (and therefore ad revenue), but is there another reason I'm missing?

I guess one solution would be to write a -script which checks automatically...

8 hours ago, Ouchie said:

GPA only reports completed auctions so this would be impossible.

I thought the OP was talking about the live listings on GPA.  Not that I think George would want to create a want list repository.  I have been a GPA subscriber for a long time and I agree with you that GPA is a price analysis tool.

I do like having what he shows though and when I am searching for price analysis, I often click on a live listing to look at the book and what is being asked.  Some of the ones though that show they have been listed for years I normally bypass.  Some too you can figure are Lone Star listings when you see a book for sale and also at auction (in the same grade) since Lone Star lists both on their site as well as on Ebay and I assume most is not all are consignment books.

worth keeping in mind that GPA only reports sales that are provided to it. A lot of private sales, or dealers are not going to show up in the results. GPA is a tool to gauge issues, It's not going to nail it down for you. Further, a lot of those sales reported may not be accurate. 

23 minutes ago, telerites said:

I thought the OP was talking about the live listings on GPA.  Not that I think George would want to create a want list repository.  I have been a GPA subscriber for a long time and I agree with you that GPA is a price analysis tool.

I do like having what he shows though and when I am searching for price analysis, I often click on a live listing to look at the book and what is being asked.  Some of the ones though that show they have been listed for years I normally bypass.  Some too you can figure are Lone Star listings when you see a book for sale and also at auction (in the same grade) since Lone Star lists both on their site as well as on Ebay and I assume most is not all are consignment books.

Totally agree and yes that's what I was referring to. I've bought a few of the live listings as well - just thought an alert on specific criteria for live listings would be interesting. Don't know George but love what he has built!