• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does an already CGC comic need to be graded again for an in house signing?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hey all, I am new to this community.  As the title says, I am interested in knowing if I have to pay for re-grading of an already graded CGC comic in order to send it to be signed by Frank Miller?  I have tried to fill out the online form but the process is forcing me to choose either pressing and grading or both.  I would hope that I don't have to pay for the grading since it has already been done.  I do however understand that I would have to pay the $5 capsule opening fee and possibly the cost of the new capsule with the new signature series label.  Any help with these questions would be highly appreciated.  Thank you. 

15 hours ago, Chuymosca said:

Hey all, I am new to this community.  As the title says, I am interested in knowing if I have to pay for re-grading of an already graded CGC comic in order to send it to be signed by Frank Miller?  I have tried to fill out the online form but the process is forcing me to choose either pressing and grading or both.  I would hope that I don't have to pay for the grading since it has already been done.  I do however understand that I would have to pay the $5 capsule opening fee and possibly the cost of the new capsule with the new signature series label.  Any help with these questions would be highly appreciated.  Thank you. 

The books will be have to be regraded. If you are sending it to CGC for the private signing the cost of regrading is included in the fee

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8231/

There is probably a small chance you can just pay for the signing if you don’t want the book regraded.  Then you would just get the book back raw And signed.  This would be irregular, but I bet you can contact Cgc and ask about it.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, revat said:

There is probably a small chance you can just pay for the signing if you don’t want the book regraded.  Then you would just get the book back raw And signed.  This would be irregular, but I bet you can contact Cgc and ask about it.

Unfortunately, we must grade all books submitted for private signings. We will not send them back raw. 

Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.

Other than packing them correctly for shipping, is there anything else I need to do when prepping the graded book? I know ungraded books require a window bag, just want to verify if anything else is required before shipping.

16 hours ago, will23188 said:

Other than packing them correctly for shipping, is there anything else I need to do when prepping the graded book? I know ungraded books require a window bag, just want to verify if anything else is required before shipping.

I would include a window bag with my graded comic just to be safe.