• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Super Heroes 12: I made a discovery that might make it spike in value again
1 1

7 posts in this topic

MSH 12 is considered a minor key already.  Not as big a key as MSH 13, but it did spike a little as the Captain Marvel movie came out.

I made a discovery that might make it spike a little again.

It's got the first reprinted appearance of Black Knight 1 from 1955.  

(***I've now found that this is the second story from Black Knight 1.  The first Black Knight story was reprinted 1 month earlier in Fantasy Masterpieces 11)

BK 1 is a comic that has seriously spiked because of the Eternals movie.

Has anyone discussed this yet?  Is it a big enough deal to make this comic spike again?

I've noticed on the CGC labels for this comic that they don't even mention the Black Knight.

1.jpg

IMG_1545 (1).jpg

Edited by gadzukes

11 hours ago, thecollectron said:

The reprint in MSH #12 is the 2nd Black Knight story from Black Knight #1. The 1st story, which is the origin story if I recall, was reprinted in the previous issue, Fantasy Masterpieces #11.

Interesting.  I hadn't even considered Black Knight 1 might have had 2 stories.  But since this story is only 8 pages long, it makes sense.

And now, for something irrelevant, I really liked putting the Marvel Super-Heroes run together.  I think it was the second run (X-Men 1-66) I put together about 13 years ago when I started collecting again.  Always loved the Doom cover.

06E1409F-6B62-4D56-A66D-1DFDF5475B28.jpeg