• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Distribution of US Published Comics in the UK (1959~1982)
15 15

6,232 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2023 at 11:21 PM, Kevin.J said:

Woolworths :cloud9:

Indeed <3

Lots of Roberts & Vinter stamped copies driving around, too

1965.02TeenageHotrodders11.thumb.jpg.c40bf98a1851c9bfc12c7cbf2aff11a3.jpg 1965.05HotRodRacers3.thumb.jpg.e0ab38c86b6a545b3748a15f68c4b730.jpg

I'm going to have to resurrect Brent at this rate...<3

On 9/24/2023 at 11:00 PM, Get Marwood &amp; I said:

As Clint Eastwood once famously said, "There ain't a beautiful woman in the world that some guy ain't tired of f***ing".

1959.05Sweethearts48TPStamp.thumb.jpg.2e32229992d0a5b5eacdf85309ae74df.jpg

Bad scarf.

I believe Dr Wertham would have detected headlights on that cover, which of course would be more appropriate for Hot Rods.

And he would have also pondered on the Freudian undertones of the term Hot Rods.

On 9/24/2023 at 11:31 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

I believe Dr Wertham would have detected headlights on that cover, which of course would be more appropriate for Hot Rods.

I don't see a car on the cover, Albert...?

Oh, you mean her knockers. Yes. Yes, he would.

On 9/24/2023 at 11:31 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

And he would have also pondered on the Freudian undertones of the term Hot Rods.

You've got a dirty mind Albert. You'll be telling me the Alabama Whammer isn't a car race next...

On 9/24/2023 at 11:36 PM, Get Marwood &amp; I said:

I don't see a car on the cover, Albert...?

Oh, you mean her knockers. Yes. Yes, he would.

You've got a dirty mind Albert. You'll be telling me the Alabama Whammer isn't a car race next...

...........and don't get me started on Penelope Pitstop. What a stunner!

On 9/24/2023 at 11:00 PM, Get Marwood &amp; I said:

As Clint Eastwood once famously said, "There ain't a beautiful woman in the world that some guy ain't tired of f***ing".

1959.05Sweethearts48TPStamp.thumb.jpg.2e32229992d0a5b5eacdf85309ae74df.jpg

Bad scarf. In your bed!

Oh Jesus. I actually want to know how a scarf was the key to the door of love.  Please have a butcher's and let us know. 

(This is why there are 3 rooms  of my house I can't get into because they're floor to ceiling with terrible comics). 

On 9/25/2023 at 12:01 AM, Malacoda said:

(This is why there are 3 rooms  of my house I can't get into because they're floor to ceiling with terrible comics). 

DrWhoWTF.gif.83722166054afba3ce067fa888cacd1b.gif

On 9/24/2023 at 4:01 PM, Malacoda said:

Oh Jesus. I actually want to know how a scarf was the key to the door of love.  Please have a butcher's and let us know. 

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=33080

I only gave the story a very cursory glance, so I can't tell you how it was the key to the door of love.  I can tell you that the last panel of the story directs you to a promo elsewhere in the issue where you can actually get a scarf like the one in the story, though.  But you need to cut the red corner off the book to do it.

Edited by OtherEric

On 9/25/2023 at 1:19 PM, Malacoda said:

Kev, if you'd really fixed it, I'd have a spare bedroom 

Hey, you can have a spare bedroom easy, just move one room of your comics into one of my 3 rooms of comicsss...ugh eh... hm 

...Just move one room of your comics into...:idea:. my kitchen :acclaim:

On 9/25/2023 at 1:13 PM, Malacoda said:

I'd have gone with......

Sorry Rich, I keep forgetting you haven't been here that long, but it's actually illegal to post pictures of Michael McIntyring here.