• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heads Up: PayPal Glitch with Addresses
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Issue: PayPal generated a generic false address on its own.

Description: Person to Person transaction using goods and services with the item to be sent to my home.    By the time I realized I should have received it I looked up the tracking number and saw that the item arrived to my town and bounced around from post office to post office between the village and the town and then it went back to the seller.  On my PayPal account it showed that the item was supposed to be sent to my home address.   

HOWEVER... the seller sent me a picture and the label had printed up as 123 Main Street, my actual home town and state and zip code.   The seller showed me a picture of the address.  I offered to pay the full amount of shipping to have it resent and the seller suggested we split it instead.   The seller prints his labels from PayPal directly and I do not believe that the seller edited the address to something undeliverable.   I called up PayPal and they sent the issue to their tech department as this has happened before.

Figure some would want to know since the forum sales are based on P2P sales.   I will be posting this in the FS area as well. 

Edited by Buzzetta

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Description: Person to Person transaction using goods and services with the item to be sent to my home.    By the time I realized I should have received it I looked up the tracking number and saw that the item arrived to my town and bounced around from post office to post office between the village and the town and then it went back to the seller.  On my PayPal account it showed that the item was supposed to be sent to my home address.   

HOWEVER... the seller sent me a picture and the label had printed up as 123 Main Street, my actual home town and state and zip code.   The seller showed me a picture of the address.  I offered to pay the full amount of shipping to have it resent and the seller suggested we split it instead.   The seller prints his labels from PayPal directly and I do not believe that the seller edited the address to something undeliverable.   I called up PayPal and they sent the issue to their tech department as this has happened before.

Figure some would want to know since the forum sales are based on P2P sales.   I will be posting this in the FS area as well. 

unbelievable

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Good to know and really good seller!