• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Retconned Out Of Canon?

29 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Doomcock isn't an insider. Nothing he's ever "scooped" has ever come to fruition. He's more like 100% inaccurate. At least MCU Cosmic, who isn't a YouTube huckster out for subscription hits and likes, uses people like Dan Richtman who somehow get actual MCU insider info. MCU Cosmic scooped Eternals, and that's all I need to know. Of course, I don't really give two bits about fake leakers out for a story. But when hatemongers use their platform of fake stories to further a ComicsGate agenda of anti-diversity and anti-feminism, there's a certain evil to that.

And as far as Kathleen Kennedy, obviously people seem to care because they won't shut up about her as they watch The Mandalorian for the twentieth time...

(:

Who the heck would believe this guy? The whole act is exactly that. Someone putting on a performance while sharing their fan excitement over Star Wars.

You are just getting excited because Brie Larson is rumored to be in Star Wars now. So anyone not caring for her, why of course they must be a fan of anti-feminism. Please. Don't do that again. I know that's your 'thing'.

So you're saying that because Captain Marvel directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck weren't brought back for the  sequel, that they were in a sense fired because of some kind of perceived failure of the first movie? I get it. It must be that, because other MCU directors were brought back for sequels like Russo Bros, Ryan Coogler, etc. But then you have to consider that Captain Marvel, like Captain America First Avenger, was a period prequel. The two movies were written and designed to fit the time of their story. Captain Marvel, in particular, had the feel of a 90's buddy cop/indie coming of age flick. Their indie film, Mississippi Grind, was a road traveling buddy movie, so there was a fit. The Captain Marvel directors are now in talks to direct a Disney+ MCU show. I wonder what that might be? Ms. Marvel maybe? And it's most likely a kind of sequel to Captain Marvel and reportedly a tie-in to Captain Marvel 2. And about Captain Marvel 2, it's reportedly a modern day story and will be a sort of mini-Avengers movie, according to folks with actual insider info. Well it makes complete sense to go with different directors to capture a different style, story, and tone that Feige might be looking for. Kind of how Captain America switched from Joe Johnston's feel good patriotic Cap to the Russo's more mature political thriller Cap. If Carol Danvers is going to be the new heart of the MCU, her next movie needs to reflect that and have a certain gravitas. As Marvel did with Cap, switching up storytellers is a way to do that.

I recognize this is your belief each time you post it. Also, that Brie Larson is now going to be the primary face of the MCU. Maybe. Maybe not. But acting like only your belief must be right, and anyone else saying otherwise is a toxic fan that hates women - that story of yours can grow stale after a while.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I recognize this is your belief each time you post it. Also, that Brie Larson is now going to be the primary face of the MCU. Maybe. Maybe not. But acting like only your belief must be right, and anyone else saying otherwise is a toxic fan that hates women - that story of yours can grow stale after a while.

You know what's grown stale? The persistent anti-Captain Marvel anti-Brie Larson drivel that keeps coming out of these hater trolls who refuse to admit defeat. They're like buffoons in the South who wave Confederate flags as if they won. They're like the pockets of the Empire who keep popping up and refuse to be written out of the Star Wars story even after they lost to Luke Skywalker and the Rebellion.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

You are just getting excited because Brie Larson is rumored to be in Star Wars now. So anyone not caring for her, why of course they must be a fan of anti-feminism. Please. Don't do that again. I know that's your 'thing'.

Look, if somebody isn't impressed with Brie Larson or Captain Marvel, fine, I say. If they do it here, I'll most likely spiritedly debate that opinion, me being a champion for Captain Marvel and also enjoying a good intellectual debate. However, most of the time when some post their hate of Captain Marvel here or any other nerd forum, they unfortunately make their sexist neanderthal anti-SJW feminism-bad views obvious, and I'm going to call it out. As a confirmed social justice warrior and Captain Marvel champion, I expect no less from myself. I must have read too many comic books as a kid.

11 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You know what's grown stale? The persistent anti-Captain Marvel anti-Brie Larson drivel that keeps coming out of these hater trolls who refuse to admit defeat. They're like buffoons in the South who wave Confederate flags as if they won. They're like the pockets of the Empire who keep popping up and refuse to be written out of the Star Wars story even after they lost to Luke Skywalker and the Rebellion.

Look, if somebody isn't impressed with Brie Larson or Captain Marvel, fine, I say. If they do it here, I'll most likely spiritedly debate that opinion, me being a champion for Captain Marvel and also enjoying a good intellectual debate. However, most of the time when some post their hate of Captain Marvel here or any other nerd forum, they unfortunately make their sexist neanderthal anti-SJW feminism-bad views obvious, and I'm going to call it out. As a confirmed social justice warrior and Captain Marvel champion, I expect no less from myself. I must have read too many comic books as a kid.

Kind of like how your antics get called out where someone can greatly appreciate other strong female roles. But if they disliked the Brie Larson performance in Captain Marvel, but enjoyed her contributions in Scott Pilgrim and Skull Island - they must be anti-feminist. Because that is the trite theme you hang on to. That's not an intellectual debate. It's the old and toxic debating attempt to belittle the other person's character.

I don't know how or why we're hearing about these retcon "leaks" or "rumors" for weeks and weeks.  Are the internet fans really that crazy to see Kennedy gone?  I don't get it.  Yes, some of her ideas sucked it but it's more about the PR at this point.  A huge company like Disney is never going to go back on what they've spent millions and millions of dollars on just to make it "non-canon".  I don't think they even care what "canon" is, and that's pretty evident from their Star Wars movies.  Thinking they'll "retcon" some movies is thinking like a comic book writer, which none of these Disney execs are.  I can remember DC comics publishing comic books just to "explain" things or retcon or "fix" stuff in their dumb continuity because they think stuff is confusing.  I think the Hawkman Special #1 written by Starlin has to go down as the stupidiest piece of ever published by DC Comics and is the one example of the dumb business they run trying to "explain" things because they've got some agenda or some stupid little box they've got to fit their characters in for future plans.  Why can't they just write good stories?  The JSA run written by Johns has to be some of the greatest comics I collected at that time and he sold that team when nobody else could and celebrated his fav characters, even "fixing" Hawkman at one point to about as good as he's ever been.  Then DC has to screw with it and bring in the king of epics to write like the Hawkman Special.  And then they just went on a reboot train anyway.  Is that how Star Wars is gonna be?  After Kennedy leaves in 2021, are they going to "reboot" Star Wars or "fix canon" with some more pre-Force Awakens movies?  Why?  That's DC Comics right there and I'll never buy it.  

Edited by Falcon760

2 hours ago, Falcon760 said:

I don't know how or why we're hearing about these retcon "leaks" or "rumors" for weeks and weeks.  Are the internet fans really that crazy to see Kennedy gone?  I don't get it.  Yes, some of her ideas sucked it but it's more about the PR at this point.  A huge company like Disney is never going to go back on what they've spent millions and millions of dollars on just to make it "non-canon".  I don't think they even care what "canon" is, and that's pretty evident from their Star Wars movies.  Thinking they'll "retcon" some movies is thinking like a comic book writer, which none of these Disney execs are.  I can remember DC comics publishing comic books just to "explain" things or retcon or "fix" stuff in their dumb continuity because they think stuff is confusing.  I think the Hawkman Special #1 written by Starlin has to go down as the stupidiest piece of ever published by DC Comics and is the one example of the dumb business they run trying to "explain" things because they've got some agenda or some stupid little box they've got to fit their characters in for future plans.  Why can't they just write good stories?  The JSA run written by Johns has to be some of the greatest comics I collected at that time and he sold that team when nobody else could and celebrated his fav characters, even "fixing" Hawkman at one point to about as good as he's ever been.  Then DC has to screw with it and bring in the king of epics to write like the Hawkman Special.  And then they just went on a reboot train anyway.  Is that how Star Wars is gonna be?  After Kennedy leaves in 2021, are they going to "reboot" Star Wars or "fix canon" with some more pre-Force Awakens movies?  Why?  That's DC Comics right there and I'll never buy it.  

Even with Disney/MCU, the retcon theme has played out over time.

• Kid in Iron Man 2 was Peter Parker - because that was a cool thing to do in order to make it appear it was always a done deal, and on the "master roadmap chalkboard'
  • 'All Hail The King' One-Shot having to address Iron Man 3's Mandarin switch by now inserting a real Mandarin that wanted to kill Slattery
  • Stan Lee has been The Watcher the entire time and that is why he cameod in all the movies - so in Guardians 2 they went with that rumor
  • Loki became a more relatable character helping Thor at times the more fans went nuts over Tom Hiddleston - so the Master of Mischief becomes the Part-Time Prankster

It happens, and you roll with it.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:58 PM, jcjames said:

It's claimed the Disney Star Wars Trilogy will be erased using a concept that was recently made canon in the Star Wars Rebels animated series.

"In the Season 4 episode 13 installment titled 'A World Between Worlds,' the concept of the Veil of The Force was introduced, a mystical dimension of The Force that connects all time and space,"

It's said that the events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker "will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends."

"No Disney sequel trilogy, Han doesn't walk stupidly into a lightsaber, Leia doesn't fly like Mary Poppins through space, Luke has nothing to run away from and consumes no green milk, and I am informed there will be no amazing 'wonder Rey' as she was born after The Emperor's death,"... the plan will "retcon the Sequel Trilogy out of our misery and restore freedom to George Lucas' galaxy."

Yet, this very force power was also established as a jedi power in Rebels.  I loved Rebels and think it is actually better than the majority of Clone Wars.  For the record I also loved Clone Wars.  Rebels Seasons 2-4 were incredibly strong... Season 1 maybe not so much though... 

Anywhoooo - Maul pushes BLIND Kanan out into space and he uses his force powers to get back into the ship.  Keep in mind that Kanan never formally finished his jedi training in the traditional sense and was certainly no 'Skywalker'.  This was truly one of the best shows.   Filoni demonstrates why he 'gets it'.

I am no Kathleen Kennedy hater.  It is what it is.  However I do think that Filoni 'gets' Star Wars way more than anyone else demonstrated as he even revealed his thoughts on Episode 1 recently at the Mandalorian behind the scenes episode.  They really should give the whole thing to Filoni like they gave Marvel to Feige.