• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling comics on Ebay before you have them...

9 posts in this topic

i think the ebay rules are that on pre-sells the product has to ship within 30 days of the end of auction....so if he's going to be building it over 90 days....i'm pretty sure it's likely against the policy...

and...harnish....i avoid his auctions like the plague....repacking [embarrassing lack of self control]....

Just caught an interesting auction on Ebay. This guy is selling complete runs of comics in specific CGC grades that they haven't even purchased yet! 893whatthe.gif X-Men 1 - 10 in CGC 9.0 seems a bit difficult to guarantee in less than 90 days...

X-Men Auction

Notice that 90 days is also Ebay's feedback timeframe? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Any minute now, Feedback will be placed ON THIS BEAUTY, AMAZING 1-100 7.5 CGC or up. tongue.gif

Oh god, just move onto the next auction.

I agree completely with this completely. Just walk away and don't look back. I'm not big on paying for something that I won't see for atleast 90 days, if ever.

Anytime I see auctions like this, I just keep on looking. Now if I could pay the winning bid when he had all the books in hand and could ship them when he received my payment, then that would be completely different. But paying when he does not even have the books to me is a no no. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Psy