• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many physicians do we have here?

40 posts in this topic

Anesthesiologist? Of course we all know you're not a doctor! wink.gif

Drug-pusher!! smile.gif

I've often wondered whether being an anesthesiologist is in fact the best job in medicine? They get paid really well, all they have to do is follow a bunch of well-established tables as to how much anesthesia to administer, they don't do any real work during surgery, they get to sit down during the whole surgery, no one every blames the anesthesiologist for a botched surgery, and women in labor think they're God when they arrive to give an epidural. poke2.gif

Or you could just do like most and sit in the lounge watching TV while the CRNAs do all the work.

Or if you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, you go into chronic pain management makepoint.gif

I wonder if it`s too late for me to go to medical school? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, you might want to hear the other side of the story first, from those of us who, for better or worse, found our true love in fields other than anesthesiology, radiology, ophthalmology, and dermatology!

Best,

Hey now...I'm gonna be a poop doctor.

You just get interested in something and go from there. I never thought I'd like that.

Technically I'll be GI, not proctology (now known as colorectal surgery), but it's all poop medicine.

Hey Steve,

If you ever make it to one of the cardiology meetings, do look me up. I almost always attend to present research or chair a session.

CHEST is one of the premier thoracic/pulmonary journals, if not the premiere journal. Sounds like a fun job.

Best,

Will do, Hari. I'll probably get to the ACC meeting one of these years.

Working at CHEST is a fun job. Not as fun as HOOTERS magazine, but ok! 27_laughing.gif

I believe both namisgr and drdonaldblake are MDs, although I believe namisgr is more on the research side.

Nah, I've stayed out of this thread because I'm a PhD (in Neurobiology). I am, however, on the faculty of a Medical School (but in Pharmacology, a basic science department), and have to deal with department chairs, deans and vice deans who are almost invariably MDs.

I believe both namisgr and drdonaldblake are MDs, although I believe namisgr is more on the research side.

Nah, I've stayed out of this thread because I'm a PhD (in Neurobiology). I am, however, on the faculty of a Medical School (but in Pharmacology, a basic science department), and have to deal with department chairs, deans and vice deans who are almost invariably MDs.

Sorry Bob, my bad.

Hi. I practice General Surgery. While at the local comic book shop one day, an oncologist I work with called in to see if his comics for the week came in so I got to confront him when I saw him again.

As a medical school faculty, I teach 3rd year medical students as they rotate through general surgery. I give a lecture titled "The Acute Abdomen" and present cases to the students. For the first case, I go through slides from EC comics MD #1 from around 1954 on appendicitis. The whole MD series is fantastic, and the story on appendicitis is perfect for students- they love it and crack up! I present it as a case and go around the room asking the students questions about differential diagnosis, treatment, etc. Very fun! I am now collecting surgeon comics (just bought Picture Stories from Science #2) and put them up in my office.

Can members list books with a physician theme?

49635-Picture1.jpg.fdf60a0583eeb2022db4a6854dc01d50.jpg

49636-Picture3.jpg.3b17852f50b3ceffd99c182edb347e08.jpg

49637-Picture2.jpg.f2581a4da3bfe4e3ed514a5185d7ba87.jpg

49638-Picture4.jpg.66be64c0cdb9d29404bff5ae4b4b33d5.jpg

49639-Picture5.jpg.119af7df0b61f3716516132e250b4c57.jpg

49640-Picture7.jpg.1f709a8768fe37a6344d84a1a526e281.jpg

49641-Picture6.jpg.25f33f2128556e419faa62fa5bb3c030.jpg

Never seen that one. Nice.

I'm not a doc. I'm an attorney and my practice is devoted exclusively to healthcare law. Want to know about Stark III? Don't ask me, no one can decipher that mess. But I can give it a shot for the right price. :flamed:

I'm not a doctor but I have been a medic (EMT) in the Army for the past 21+ years. I have a lot of experience working Combat Casualty Care, Trauma/ER, Newborn Nursery, PC, and have specialized certification in Allergy/Immunology.