• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many physicians do we have here?

40 posts in this topic

DVM hi.gif
acclaim.gif

I love my Vet as she went above and beyond the call on a puppy i had. Its a sad story, but 2 days before Anna and I married, my 4 month old Pekingese puppy, DiMaggio, began acting funny. Took him to my vet and bad news, complete renal failure. I was in shock and bawling my eyes out. She says that she thinks that maybe with fluids and some meds that they might get them going again. We leave Dimaggio with her and fly to Cancun. We call her more than we call our folks. On Wednesday, she says that he was fine and that when she took him home with her he played with her pitbull and lab and just had a great time. Sadly though, when they took him off of the fluids, he went back downhill and we had to have him put down when we got back on Saturday.

sorry.gif

Anyway, the breeder made good on him by giving us another Peke, Chewie, and he is 7 and a joy (when he isnt whinning or pizzing on stuff)

Yes, I have the two clinical years left before residency. Long road, at least for me, is an understatement. I have been totally turned off to basic science in the last few years. My plan now is to only practice medicine. Grad school has afforded me at list a little time to work on my collection. grin.gif

I'm a RN......and believe me, when i see what you guys go through, I would never in a million years do what you guys do....i only work three days a week, make excellent money and still have a life outside the hospital - and if i want the overtime, in order to make that big purchase, it's always available......best decision i ever could have made professionally speaking.....

I'm not a doc but I work for the American College of Chest Physicians, a not-for-profit medical society (the respiratory & thoracic version of the American College of Cardiology).

I work with a lot of docs and am executive editor of our medical journal, CHEST. So although I'm not an MD, I attend a LOT of medical meetings and coordinate with a lot of workgroups to develop educational content for Physicians, RRTs, and Nurses.

I am always impressed by the research going on to try to improve the state of patient care. So keep up the good work, folks!!

--Steve

Hey Steve,

If you ever make it to one of the cardiology meetings, do look me up. I almost always attend to present research or chair a session.

CHEST is one of the premier thoracic/pulmonary journals, if not the premiere journal. Sounds like a fun job.

Best,