• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many pressers do we have here?

Have you ever had a book pressed?  

369 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a book pressed?

216 posts in this topic

this is pretty chilling. If all the votes were honestly cast, RIGHT HERE in the hotbed of anti-pressing hysteria, we have two out of every five posters stating that they press books!!! 14 yes, 21 no. thats 40% of us.

I say all who voted YES stand up and be counted.

I voted NO

I obviously voted yes.

also, you said "obviously" frankly I only thought you were of the opinion that pressing is not restoration (like CGC) but I am surprised you have taken th enext step to actually improving one of your books. Further, you wrote last month or so that you had sold many or most of your slabs. So was this book one of them?? or a keeper you still own?

this is pretty chilling. If all the votes were honestly cast, RIGHT HERE in the hotbed of anti-pressing hysteria, we have two out of every five posters stating that they press books!!! 14 yes, 21 no. thats 40% of us.

I voted NO

I obviously voted yes.

also, you said "obviously" frankly I only thought you were of the opinion that pressing is not restoration (like CGC) but I am surprised you have taken th enext step to actually improving one of your books. Further, you wrote last month or so that you had sold many or most of your slabs. So was this book one of them?? or a keeper you still own?

Scott posted here when he had the book done. That's probably why he said "obviously". wink.gif

I voted NO

I obviously voted yes.

I said "obviously" because I had a long discussion on here a while back about a book I sent to Matt Nelson to get pressed. It came back from CGC the same grade as it was when I got it and none of the actual creases came out, including one on the back cover in the white area that I expected to come out.

As for whether or not I still own the book, how would you feel if I pointed out that it is none of your [embarrassing lack of self control] business? poke2.gif

I voted NO

I obviously voted yes.

I said "obviously" because I had a long discussion on here a while back about a book I sent to Matt Nelson to get pressed. It came back from CGC the same grade as it was when I got it and none of the actual creases came out, including one on the back cover in the white area that I expected to come out.

As for whether or not I still own the book, how would you feel if I pointed out that it is none of your [embarrassing lack of self control] business? poke2.gif

why are you acting so violated? IS it an unfair question to you? You actually feel attacked by my question? dont take everything so personally, big fella... I dont remember yours or most other posts Ive read here from months ago. You said you "obviouslyy' voted yes and I just wnated the details here in this thread. Dont you feel comfortable supplying the rest of the story? Youve already filled in everyting BUT its current wherabouts.

answer ONLY of you care to. peace!

I voted NO

I obviously voted yes.

why are you acting so violated? IS it an unfair question to you? You actually feel attacked by my question? dont take everything so personally, big fella... I dont remember yours or most other posts Ive read here from months ago. You said you "obviouslyy' voted yes and I just wnated the details here in this thread. Dont you feel comfortable supplying the rest of the story? Youve already filled in everyting BUT its current wherabouts.

answer ONLY of you care to. peace!

Who says I felt violated? I was just pointing out that it's none of your damn business! yay.gif

Why did you go back & change your post? confused.gif

The 1st one where you stated you still owned the book was much more pleasant. poke2.gif

Because I thought about it and decided it was none of his or your [embarrassing lack of self control] business. 893applaud-thumb.gif

The 1st one where you stated you still owned the book was much more pleasant. poke2.gif

Because I thought about it and decided it was none of his or your [embarrassing lack of self control] business. 893applaud-thumb.gif

as if I was gonna go search for the answer in your previous posts! Of course if you feel that strongly about it for some reason it IS none of my :business" to know.... but sheeesh, some people here actually are antagonistic around here, but you just seem to actually enjoy ACTING like it for fun doncha? I hope you keep your darn book and choke on it! lol

as if I was gonna go search for the answer in your previous posts! Of course if you feel that strongly about it for some reason it IS none of my :business" to know.... but sheeesh, some people here actually are antagonistic around here, but you just seem to actually enjoy ACTING like it for fun doncha? I hope you keep your darn book and choke on it! lol

I hear that if you exfoliate regularly, your skin will grow back much thicker. Try it.

I have no idea how to set up these polls so how about someone posing these questions:

Q.1.If you were selling a comic book that you knew had been pressed, would you disclose that fact from the beginning?

Q.2.If no to the above question, would you disclose that fact if asked by a prospective buyer?

Q.3. Do you believe that a seller should disclose the fact that a book has been pressed from the beginning?

Q.4. Do you believe a seller should disclose the fact that a book has been pressed if asked?

Q.5. Would you stop buying books from a seller who you found out was selling or creating pressed books if they would not disclose that fact to you?

Q.1.If you were selling a comic book that you knew had been pressed, would you disclose that fact from the beginning?

Yes, if I knew the book had been pressed.

Q.2.If no to the above question, would you disclose that fact if asked by a prospective buyer?

See above

Q.3. Do you believe that a seller should disclose the fact that a book has been pressed from the beginning?

If the seller is sure the book has been pressed, yes. Otherwise it is simply more innuendo.

Q.4. Do you believe a seller should disclose the fact that a book has been pressed if asked?

See above

Q.5. Would you stop buying books from a seller who you found out was selling or creating pressed books if they would not disclose that fact to you?

If I asked flat out and they said no, and then I found out they were, yes. I don't consider non-dissassembly pressing to matter much, so if the seller didn't tell me straight out, it wouldn't bother me.