• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's travel to the PLANET STORIES Universe
1 1

109 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, themagicrobot said:

I knew the British Editions were published by Pembertons/World Distributors of Manchester but I never realised they were printed by the Co-Operative Society which began in 1844 as a chain of Grocery shops and later expanded into Insurance and Banking.

PS: Isn't the small print interesting. Published by Love Romances Publishing Co. Inc.!!

planetstories.thumb.jpg.78d12d6ad998992636db146a5c702622.jpg

britishedition.jpg.7e9cff91cf91c9914383d98c1f6d961a.jpg

Romance the Planets anytime :luhv:

On 12/6/2023 at 1:22 PM, surfertso said:

I think it's pretty difficult building a high grade set. I've been collecting planet stories for a decade or so and stopped after about a dozen issues.

I'm curious to know what a complete high grade set will go for today.

My collection is about the opposite of high grade, with a few exceptions.

I can’t think of any pulp where a high grade collection wouldn’t be difficult, though.  Astounding from 1936 until it became a digest, perhaps.

On 12/29/2023 at 12:21 AM, OtherEric said:

And a small batch in today.  The War-Maid of Mars was definitely another issue I had filed as a likely problem, along with the Werwile issue and the Ingles cover.  I think my big problem now is really just the first 5 or so issues and the 2nd PKD story.  It's not as bad as the first, but people are sure asking a lot for it still.

Planet Stories 1946 09.jpg

Woo! This is my fave of this batch. The War-Maid is pretty irresistible, though.

Edited by Darwination

On 12/29/2023 at 10:37 AM, Darwination said:

Woo! This is my fave of this batch. The War-Maid is pretty irresistible, though.

My favorite covers and what I consider the most in demand ones rarely completely overlap.  The one you picked is pretty great.