• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH (2021)
1 1

134 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

I believe "THAT" Fulcrum was the first.

You are correct.  I was not sure so I looked it up.  She set up the name and network and everyone in the network was named Fulcrum but as it was her idea she was the first. 

Spoiler

I will never not be anything other than happy seeing my boy Rex on screen.  Loved his reaction when he realized the Bad Batch still had their inhibitor chips.  I do wish he and Echo could just have a moment to talk about the end of the war.  Echo hasn't been caught up (on screen) about all the brothers that were lost.  Also liked the development between Omega and Rex.  Omega first views Rex with distrust, especially when they're talking about removing the inhibitor chips and she says she doesn't want to be alone even though Rex would still be there with her.  And then ultimately, seeing Rex save her from Wrecker.  Speaking of which, that whole scene just reminded me of Terminator.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:
  Hide contents

I will never not be anything other than happy seeing my boy Rex on screen.  Loved his reaction when he realized the Bad Batch still had their inhibitor chips.  I do wish he and Echo could just have a moment to talk about the end of the war.  Echo hasn't been caught up (on screen) about all the brothers that were lost.  Also liked the development between Omega and Rex.  Omega first views Rex with distrust, especially when they're talking about removing the inhibitor chips and she says she doesn't want to be alone even though Rex would still be there with her.  And then ultimately, seeing Rex save her from Wrecker.  Speaking of which, that whole scene just reminded me of Terminator.

He is definitely my favorite non force user character in Star Wars.

I enjoyed this episode a lot. I hope it keeps up.

Now that Friday has almost come and gone...

Spoiler

...while the show has been great and it feels like there's been a decent amount of fan service with a variety of character inclusions, is anyone else concerned that the plot is mirroring The Mandalorian a little too closely?  There are already memes pointing out the "father/son" dynamic that exists between Din Djarrin and Grogu and that of The Bad Batch and Omega.  Now we've got yet another kidnapping.

I'm also concerned about the massive popularity of the character Cad Bane.  From unfinished Clone Wars reels, we know the writers plotted out a Cad vs Boba Fett moment that was meant to explain the dent in Boba's helmet.  And I can't think of a better way for Boba to cement himself as the greatest bounty hunter in the universe without killing the other character vying for that title.  Basically, there doesn't seem to be anyway that moment can play out without one of them dying, and we know for certain Boba walks away from that encounter.  I know it was unfinished and Cad's status was left unclear, but these are ruthless killers.  Sharpshooters.  They didn't make it this far by letting people live.  But such an ending would likely leave some fans up in arms.  The same way fans left RotJ in disbelief over the "demise" of Boba Fett and the same way fans left TPM upset about the "death" of Maul.  It was an unfinished moment, so they could easily never revisit it, but the question will always linger in the back of people's minds the larger Cad Bane's legend and popularity grows.

10 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Now that Friday has almost come and gone...

Reveal hidden contents

...while the show has been great and it feels like there's been a decent amount of fan service with a variety of character inclusions, is anyone else concerned that the plot is mirroring The Mandalorian a little too closely?  There are already memes pointing out the "father/son" dynamic that exists between Din Djarrin and Grogu and that of The Bad Batch and Omega.  Now we've got yet another kidnapping.

I'm also concerned about the massive popularity of the character Cad Bane.  From unfinished Clone Wars reels, we know the writers plotted out a Cad vs Boba Fett moment that was meant to explain the dent in Boba's helmet.  And I can't think of a better way for Boba to cement himself as the greatest bounty hunter in the universe without killing the other character vying for that title.  Basically, there doesn't seem to be anyway that moment can play out without one of them dying, and we know for certain Boba walks away from that encounter.  I know it was unfinished and Cad's status was left unclear, but these are ruthless killers.  Sharpshooters.  They didn't make it this far by letting people live.  But such an ending would likely leave some fans up in arms.  The same way fans left RotJ in disbelief over the "demise" of Boba Fett and the same way fans left TPM upset about the "death" of Maul.  It was an unfinished moment, so they could easily never revisit it, but the question will always linger in the back of people's minds the larger Cad Bane's legend and popularity grows.

I have a feeling Filoni is going to zig while everyone else is zagging in regards to how they think this is going to play out. At least i’m hoping. 

As for your second part. It does seem like the 

Spoiler

Kaminoans have everyone after Omega

A crossing of the paths wouldn’t be out of the question. 

Not sure if it will happen in the two episodes left, but at some point you’d think the demise of the Kaminoans, or at least their cloning capabilities, needs to be explained. 

The Republic was a client of the Kaminoans - a large one, but a client nonetheless. There could have been others. It has been explained in at least one novel that they did produce non-Jango clones. So, theoretically, they could have been contracted to make the clones we saw attempted in Mando and Rise of Skywalker if they were still around, but they weren’t.

I’m not sure if this has been explained in a canon novel or comic, so maybe there is no need for it. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Truly have enjoyed this show, been watching with my youngest son whose way more versed in ALL the Clone Wars stuff. So it’s been fun learning from him about the various planets/systems/characters/wars from  all the other series that are popping up. 

Spoiler

Love that they finally brought Rex into it, we were thinking/hoping any episode now

I agree past few episodes have been awesome🤘

So, without it being said, it appears as if 

Spoiler

Boba Fett has a sister.

Anybody else think Fennec Shand may also be working with spoiler while working for one of the kaminoans? Either way, this adds an interesting wrinkle and potentially opens up another rabbit hole for us to go down lol  

On 6/18/2021 at 11:24 PM, ExNihilo said:

After watching this episode and the scenes where Bane’s hat was off, I think this crossing of the paths may have already happened. 

I’m thinking we get a flashback, at the very least, sometime soon. 

5 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

After watching this episode and the scenes where Bane’s hat was off, I think this crossing of the paths may have already happened. 

I’m thinking we get a flashback, at the very least, sometime soon. 

I've seen that speculation, but the last time we saw Boba during the Clone Wars, he was still a kid.  Bad Batch isn't too far removed from the end of the war.  Seems to me that Boba should only be between 13-15 at this point.  Hardly seems seasoned enough to nearly kill Cad.

29 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I've seen that speculation, but the last time we saw Boba during the Clone Wars, he was still a kid.  Bad Batch isn't too far removed from the end of the war.  Seems to me that Boba should only be between 13-15 at this point.  Hardly seems seasoned enough to nearly kill Cad.

True, probably toward the higher end of that age. He did serve some time in prison and was quite active at this point.

It was also basically a duel, like we saw with Hunter and him, so all he’d really need to have is a quick draw. 

On 7/2/2021 at 10:08 AM, I like pie said:

Latest episode seemed like just a filler but still enjoyable.

Yeah, I enjoyed it as well and it likely served a purpose for the endgame.

At first watch, I thought that droid was a bit too agile for the type of droid it is, and it also seemed like the camera focused on that scene for a bit longer than usual. I was also drinking when I watched it, so if I’m the only one who thought that, carry on. 

I loved me a good Rebels prequel. 

Rebels is still my favorite out of the four animated shows and it NARROWLY beats Clone Wars.  

BTW... I went to Disney+ for the Bad Batch.  I hung around all day mesmerized by the Secrets of Whales on the Nat Geo wing of the platform. 

https://www.disneyplus.com/series/secrets-of-the-whales/3aHpgjYaJTM5