• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH (2021)
1 1

134 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2023 at 10:21 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Just finished season 1. About to start season 2.

:golfclap:

Episodes 6, 7, & 8 are when things really start to take shape on where things are going. Especially, 7 & 8. 

If you watched clone wars, episode 6 is a treat and bit of a sigh of relief. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 3/30/2023 at 3:09 AM, ExNihilo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I saw the episode title but I never thought that THAT would be the reference.  Plan 99 - sacrificing oneself to save your brothers (named after Clone 99).  And then the reaction from Omega.  I am so broken on the inside right now.

The parts of that episode that told the story from her eyes were done very well and translated the sadness, helplessness, and dire situation they were in. 

Well done. 

Interesting… 

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-bad-batch-season-3-trailer

In addition to the Batchers, now scattered following the events of Season 2, the trailer includes some new creatures and familiar faces, including Wanda Sykes’ Phee, and ends with the shocking appearance of fan favorite Sith-apprentice-turned-free-agent Asajj Ventress. “We love Asajj Ventress. She’s a character that we’ve been wanting to tell more stories about,” Brad Rau, supervising director and one of the executive producers of the series, tells StarWars.com. And he makes clear that her return will honor prior tales, including the book in which the character apparently perished. “We don't want to spoil anything, but want fans to know that any new storytelling with Ventress will align with the events of Star Wars: Dark Disciple.”

I liked the first two seasons to be honest. 

I feel like I know where it is going though. You have prominent characters that appear chronologically before Episode IV.  However they are not featured in post Episode IV media.  Sure you can bring up Rex, however they already establish in Rebels that Rex fought and lives past the Battle of Endor.  There is no mention or appearances of the Bad Batch.   That leads me to believe that they are going to Rogue One the team.  I say that the remaining members of the Bad Batch sacrifice themselves so Omega can go off and live a normal life. 

On 1/22/2024 at 12:06 PM, awakeintheashes said:

@Buzzetta @ExNihilo and others who held out hope...watch the last few seconds of the trailer...

My reaction to watching the trailer can basically be summed up like this:

image.thumb.png.90bd285598e1aad0ef4c97de201a7145.png

I had no idea this was going to be the final season, nor was I expecting the season to premiere in just a month.  Needless to say, I am absolutely hyped to see how this gets closed out and I just hope Filoni doesn't pull TOO much from Dark Disciple.

On 1/22/2024 at 5:39 PM, ExNihilo said:

My reaction to watching the trailer can basically be summed up like this:

image.thumb.png.90bd285598e1aad0ef4c97de201a7145.png

I had no idea this was going to be the final season, nor was I expecting the season to premiere in just a month.  Needless to say, I am absolutely hyped to see how this gets closed out and I just hope Filoni doesn't pull TOO much from Dark Disciple.

Seriously. I had the same reaction. All the Clones making an appearance, including Wolffe. And then to see Asajj with her hair and lightsaber from Dark Disciple. 

Looks like Palps is going to make a significant appearance as well. 

And, 3 episodes to kick off the final season. Man, I can’t wait. 

On 1/22/2024 at 5:12 PM, Buzzetta said:

That leads me to believe that they are going to Rogue One the team.  I say that the remaining members of the Bad Batch sacrifice themselves so Omega can go off and live a normal life.

I can see that. Unless they are living in some other far off planet like Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor were.  But, Rogue One-ing them seems like the best way to do it. 

Wonder if Filoni drops some hints or shows why Wolffe would have still tipped off the empire like he did when the Rebels met up with the clones on Seelos. 

Pretty sure the Ventress resurrection is going to tie into Thrawn’s plans to reanimate the dead stormtroopers. Her body was placed in the waters of Dathomir by Quinlan Vos after she perished. 

When we last saw Thrawn he was heading to Dathomir with all the dead stormtroopers. It’s possible his plans include those same waters. 

On 1/22/2024 at 7:54 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Pretty sure the Ventress resurrection is going to tie into Thrawn’s plans to reanimate the dead stormtroopers. Her body was placed in the waters of Dathomir by Quinlan Vos after she perished. 

When we last saw Thrawn he was heading to Dathomir with all the dead stormtroopers. It’s possible his plans include those same waters. 

I do not think they noted it on the slab, but I do have the first appearance of Quinlan Vos.  Vos has so much potential that I personally could care less of the value of the book in the long term, I really wanted that first appearance in a 9.8 due to my enjoyment of the character.  If they ever wanted to create a wandering jedi type series where it was season to season of him wandering the galaxy as a one man A-Team type of series I would totally be in.  Whether that was via comic, animated series, or live action.   His history in the Dark Horse books was quite enjoyable and to finally see him at least mentioned in the current Disney+ series of Obi Wan as having survived Order 66 made me smile with anticipation for what could happen with that open door. 

On 1/22/2024 at 4:54 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I've never read Dark Disciple, partially because I childishly told myself if I didn't read it, then it wasn't true.  So I don't know where those events fall in the timeline.  But is it possible that Bad Batch occurs prior to Dark Disciple?  In which case no resurrection needed and the dark future I try to avoid potentially remains a possibility?