• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many McDonald and Burger King workers do we have here

57 posts in this topic

I wont work in a place thats destroying our enviornment by cutting down rain forests for more land to feed more cows. Being a vegan, those places make me want to puke.

I'm a carnivore and they make me want to puke too. I respect the environment take. thumbsup2.gif

Back when I was a retail manager we would always hire old Mcdonald's staff. They made for great employees, they worked hard and knew the value of their job. When we would be looking for workers we would always scan the resumes for Mcdonald's experience. Besides if you can work at Mcdonalds you can work anywhere 27_laughing.gif, it has to be an improvement.

If working in the fast food industy is a touchy subject for some, how about posting what you do for a living instead? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm a Fitter Welder..... I build transit buses.

So if you ever ride on a "New Flyer" transit bus, there is a 50/50 chance that I worked on that bus insane.gif

no McDonalds, but I was an assistant manager at H&H Bagels in NYC (that's a title they gave to anyone who was a native english speaker). I did work the ovens now and then, but mostly I worked the front so that customers could see my non-illegal alien face and feel better about paying 95 cents for a plain bagel (well, it was 65 cents back then, it's 95 now).

Given that it was about 150 degrees in there the summer I worked there (multiple ovens, no air conditioning...), and part of my job was unloading/loading trucks (bagels, sugar, etc.) I figured I'd lose a ton of weight that summer. And were it not for the fact that I ate about 15,000 calories a day of bagels, cream cheese and expired lox, I would have done just that! I didn't wind up gaining any weight though.

I worked at Burger King for a year in 1988. That seems like a long time ago. It was a great building block to help me appreciate a better paying career as I got older. But it was a blast working with friends before I had responsibilities.

thumbsup2.gif