• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Everett Atlas Horror Covers
2 2

145 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I’m more focused on Archie’s at this moment but here’s some of my favorites I’ve had for awhile now...

6846FE11-F049-488B-BD50-7E272D8AA3D3.jpeg.99df143d4555ff308881ae6a491f9870.jpeg

This is one of my favorites.  Apparently it’s a lot of people’s top one to own because it isn’t cheap (by my budget anyway).

21 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Even before the last few horror type Venus covers at the series end Everett did some excellent work like below. I still need #10,13 to complete my #9-19 run of Venus...hm

I’m also going for #9-19.  The only one I’m missing now is #12.  I’m not a big fan of that cover though.  #13 is way better.

Venus #13 a.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

This is one of my favorites.  Apparently it’s a lot of people’s top one to own because it isn’t cheap (by my budget anyway).

No it isn’t but I bought it and my last Chamber of Chills #19 in roughly the same grades (5.5, 6.0) in the same time period and the same price but COC #19 in 6.0 is so much more expensive today than a Menace #5 would cost you...:whatthe:

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

No it isn’t but I bought it and my last Chamber of Chills #19 in roughly the same grades (5.5, 6.0) in the same time period and the same price but COC #19 in 6.0 is so much more expensive today than a Menace #5 would cost you...:whatthe:

Good to know.  PCH is not my specialty.  I’m currently in the market for Astonishing #6 too.  I like #3 (#1) a lot better which is why I bought it first.

Marvel Boy #3 a.jpg

Most of what I have in this regard are Mexican publisher copies that I've been picking up which are SUPER rare. 

This book looks similar to Marvel Tales 156 but it's different enough to think perhaps Everett drew two versions of it and La Prensa chose this unpublished version for their issue. I'll attach an American example which I do NOT own.

Misterios Del Gato Negro 57 Everrett cover front.jpg

Marvel Tales 156 front_LI.jpg