• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attack on Planet Mars (Avon) - US vs Canadian Edition?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the US and Canadian editions of this book?

I had thought the Canadian edition had No. 1 and 10c printed in the yellow beam under the "A" in "Mars"

I sent this copy to CGC for grading and they have it tagged as Canadian in the description. What am I missing?

Thanks for looking!

Attack on Planet Mars (1).jpg

Attack on Planet Mars (2).jpg

Attack on Planet Mars (3).jpg

Attack on Planet Mars (4).jpg

Attack on Planet Mars (5).jpg

7 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Not an expert but I agree, this does not look like a Canadian edition. Indicia states: Printed in the US and the address for the ad on the back cover is US-based. Have you contacted them re: apparent mistake?

Yeah I sent them a message through the site. Hopefully they make the adjustment before it's too late...

2 hours ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the US and Canadian editions of this book?

I had thought the Canadian edition had No. 1 and 10c printed in the yellow beam under the "A" in "Mars"

I sent this copy to CGC for grading and they have it tagged as Canadian in the description. What am I missing?

Thanks for looking!

Found one:

imageproxy.jpeg.d8111e13ff4f93c6f2aae753daa95b79.jpeg

Maybe show it to CGC as it looks like they're wrong

2 hours ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Great find! Thank you

You're welcome. I'm not 100% sure which one is which myself, but CGC clearly aren't either, as they have graded the unnumbered copy as both US and Canadian. Good luck :wishluck:

On 7/26/2020 at 1:39 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

You're welcome. I'm not 100% sure which one is which myself, but CGC clearly aren't either, as they have graded the unnumbered copy as both US and Canadian. Good luck :wishluck:

THANK you so much for your help! I notified CGC and they corrected the description. Whew! My hero!