• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moonlight 1st series # 1 manufacturing error

5 posts in this topic

I was getting a comic ready to list it for sale a #1 Moon Knight first series and I noticed that the cover had a small hole in the bottom center.  Then on closer examination I can see that when they cut the top and the bottom it is way off so the comic has way less on the top and more on the bottom than it should have but it is an angled cut.  I read something on an old post that says the hole is from pins they use on the machine and it looks like since it was cut wrong that is why the pin hole is there.  It is off enough that there is a line on the bottom cover where it went past where it should have gone.  Is this error comic worth more money.  Will it count against it in a grade what is the story behind printing cutting errors like this that were made during manufacture are they rare occurrences it is the first time I have seen something like this and I have been collecting for over 20 years.

Have you ever seen comics that had this issue in all my years of collecting I have never seen a comic that was so far off of the normal cut that it actually shows more of the bottom art and that pin hole from the pins used to guide the comics as they are being cut.  Very unusual that is why I asked for more information on it.  I mean its not just a little bit its significantly off.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:07 AM, Louis C said:

I was getting a comic ready to list it for sale a #1 Moon Knight first series and I noticed that the cover had a small hole in the bottom center.  Then on closer examination I can see that when they cut the top and the bottom it is way off so the comic has way less on the top and more on the bottom than it should have but it is an angled cut.  I read something on an old post that says the hole is from pins they use on the machine and it looks like since it was cut wrong that is why the pin hole is there.  It is off enough that there is a line on the bottom cover where it went past where it should have gone.  Is this error comic worth more money.  Will it count against it in a grade what is the story behind printing cutting errors like this that were made during manufacture are they rare occurrences it is the first time I have seen something like this and I have been collecting for over 20 years.

These are not rare occurences, comics are made in batches so yours wont be an isolated case. A properly centered comic is more appealing, given all the mishaps one can have. So yours wont be worth more money. The grade wont differ.

Also, why not post a pic to show what you are talking about exactly.

Edited by William-James88