• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Blue Bolt Weird Tales 119
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I submitted a couple books to CGC and thought it would be fun to see how the graders do. 

First up is a Blue Bolt weird Tales 119.  Cover firmly attached,  no signs of rust on the staples. The big detracter here is tape on the interior and exterior front cover. 

There is a piece on the spine and another piece over the word demons. There is also a piece on the interior front cover. 

20200725_103401.jpg

20200725_103406.jpg

20200725_103418.jpg

20200725_103440.jpg

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

You guys think it will go that high even with the tape? 

To me, on first glance, that is a NM copy 9.0 look at the bright cover and excellent pages!

then I deduct for 3 tears w/tape and a stain on the bc but how much to deduct? It certainly could be a 4.0 but if they go 3.0-3.5 it will be a presenter.

I'm guessing they won't deduct as harshly because overall it looks like a fresh copy.

5 minutes ago, allthingskryptonite said:

I'll stick with my assessment of 4.0.

Please let us know when the grade is in.

Appreciate the feedback from everyone. 

I'll post as soon as I get the grade. I hope you all are right, I was thinking 3.0 / 3.5 which included a pretty steep penalty for the tape.