• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 80th you wascally wabbit!
1 1

64 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, sagii said:

One of my most treasured Bugs Items, never came across another since. Circa 40's i'd presume. Given out at theaters showing the shorts at matinees. I display my membership proudly :)

Bugs Bunny Club card.jpg

BB Club (back).jpg

Thats super cool C!!! @telerites I too thought of C when I saw this thread!! He's our wascally wabbit buddy!!! 

7 hours ago, sagii said:

Wile E. was an interesting nemesis for Bugs lol

I wonder if he was actually Jones' personal fave of the Looney Tunes ?

I love the handful of Bugs/ Wile E. cartoons they did.  It's a very different dynamic than Wile E./ Road Runner, and honestly different than Bugs vs. just about anybody else.  I laugh myself sick every time I watch any of them; about the only ones that compare are the Bugs/ Daffy/ Elmer Hunter's Trilogy.

Like everybody else, I love What's Opera, Doc.  But I think it is perhaps a little too highly praised these days... it's brilliant, of course, and one of the best, but it's not as much better than the rest as some people seem to want to credit it. 

18 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I love the handful of Bugs/ Wile E. cartoons they did.  It's a very different dynamic than Wile E./ Road Runner, and honestly different than Bugs vs. just about anybody else.  I laugh myself sick every time I watch any of them; about the only ones that compare are the Bugs/ Daffy/ Elmer Hunter's Trilogy.

Like everybody else, I love What's Opera, Doc.  But I think it is perhaps a little too highly praised these days... it's brilliant, of course, and one of the best, but it's not as much better than the rest as some people seem to want to credit it. 

I agree. I think the use of classical music, and Bugs' seemingly 'death' at the end (Elmer winning for a change) that has made it stand out in front of most of the rest all these years. 

1 minute ago, sagii said:

I agree. I think the use of classical music, and Bugs' seemingly 'death' at the end (Elmer winning for a change) that has made it stand out in front of most of the rest all these years. 

And the incredible backgrounds and staging they used.  I have no problem with people calling it the best of the Warner cartoons; I'm just annoyed that a lot of people seem to feel it's so much the best that there's nothing in second place...

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And the incredible backgrounds and staging they used.  I have no problem with people calling it the best of the Warner cartoons; I'm just annoyed that a lot of people seem to feel it's so much the best that there's nothing in second place...

2 hours ago, sagii said:

I don’t know if it blows everything else away but it’s standout for a lot of people who grew up with the Bugs cartoons. Just one of those in the series very fondly remembered by many. Probably the next best known WB cartoon isn’t Bugs but this one...

F1127E1B-D715-4D70-9804-A0C41601BC61.gif.3c601363f44aba62f7e1b2384ba5c048.gif

7 hours ago, N e r V said:

Hyde and go tweet is another personal favorite from the WB... 

7F4704A9-0C42-4103-B919-C60109E1001E.gif.59bd6577c8733546fa55805450443869.gif

I'm still kicking myself for not going harder for the original art for the Lobby Card for this short when Hakes bought it to auction :cry:

..and yes, another unforgettable classic, as well as Duck Dodgers 

1 minute ago, Marty Mann said:

HAPPY 80th..."the highlight of the SATURDAY MATINEE".

IMG   LTMM #55   PAC   (200 dpi).jpg

Marty, did you attend those? What were they like? Bugs was extremely popular with the Soldiers as well as the kiddies  during the war 

7 minutes ago, sagii said:

Marty, did you attend those? What were they like? Bugs was extremely popular with the Soldiers as well as the kiddies  during the war 

Yes...two movies, one cartoon, one serial...and a whole lot of NOISE!

Marty

11 hours ago, N e r V said:

I don’t know if it blows everything else away but it’s standout for a lot of people who grew up with the Bugs cartoons. Just one of those in the series very fondly remembered by many. Probably the next best known WB cartoon isn’t Bugs but this one...

F1127E1B-D715-4D70-9804-A0C41601BC61.gif.3c601363f44aba62f7e1b2384ba5c048.gif

You and I are fishing from the same pond! I may like Duck Dodgers a little better than What's Opera Doc on some days of the week but they are definitely #1 and #2.

The one that makes me laugh the hardest is Bully for Bugs.

4 hours ago, N e r V said:

Certainly not an expensive book but one of my favorite covers with Bugs...

AC5E3C1A-D86F-4B09-A7CB-3EDAE0E4100E.jpeg.ba041698a81edf1f447b3f7fbe97fa60.jpeg

Even dyed in the wool Duck guys want that one in their collection :)