• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question regarding bags and boards
1 1

4 posts in this topic

What are the best sizes for modern age comics? Reason I ask is that our comic stores here sell the comics already bagged and boarded however the size of the bags and boards varies at times and sometimes the back board barely covers the comic and other times it's too small for the actual bag and has some wiggle room.

I'm wanting to place an order for bags and boards, unfortunately unable to get Mylar's so have to go with the ComiCare products, so just want to make sure I get the correct sizes and that the board covers the book correctly with enough space on the sides to prevent any further damages.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:49 AM, PleaseDontTouch said:

Anything you order should have the size dimensions clearly listed (shrug) Plus Mylar is available everywhere (shrug)

Although, FWIW, they can be off by a couple of 16ths of an inch, presumably from the general production process not being so exact.  I prefer to use bags that are 6 and 14/16" wide but I've bought them and had some of them be as much as 7" wide.  But that's really not a problem, just me being anal.