• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In-House Signing & Pressing

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, first-timer here. 

I’m prepping a submission for the Skottie Young In-House signing and I opted for pressing as well.

Can you explain the process to me?  In what order do the signing, grading and pressing take place?  If the pressing occurs last, will the book be returned unslabbed but with the label?

And (lastly), if the pressing takes place first, does the book have to arrive earlier than the signing?

Many thanks!

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  The books will be signed first then go to pressing after and grading last. All orders for a particular signing have to be in by the cut off date listed for that artist.  You can find those here: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8231/

Thanks!

So...my submission now says it’s ‘Scheduled for Grading’.  Does this mean the pressing stage is done (bearing in mind current pressing turnaround is listed as 60 days and the signing was less than a month ago), or is the pressing stage not covered by a status change?

Furthermore, should I be concerned that my comic is shown as having been ‘received’ after the signing occurred (even though I know it arrived - and appeared on my submissions - before), or does that denote receipt at a certain post-signing stage (e.g. grading)?

Not getting impatient, just curious!

• Administrator

Hello, 

Books will remain in the "received" status for the entire time they are with CCS for pressing.  There is only one status for that service.  However, once the books move from CCS to CGC to start grading, you will receive a new email letting you know the books are now with CGC and it will start off in a received status with CGC also but will then move through the different stages of grading.  Scheduled for grading could mean the invoice is in the grading room or finished grading and down in encapsulation.  If you can provide an invoice number, we can check the status for you.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

If you can provide an invoice number, we can check the status for you.

Thanks, but no need: submission has moved to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped today!  Excited to see the results of my first submission!