• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about sending book in - insurance
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So I haven't submitted in about a year and half but now submitting 4 books. And when trying to add extra insurance for the shipment its forcing me to select "signature required".  This is USPS.

But the shipping address is a PO BOX, does CGC have something special setup for this, or is their something else I need to do?  Much appreciated in advanced. 

thanks again guys,

John

When you ship to the PO box address with Signature Confirmation, it gets signed. 

Just about every shipment I send there is Signature Required, not because USPS says to, but because I choose to.  When they pick up the packages at the PO box, they sign for those requiring it.  At least that is my experience with it.

5 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

When you ship to the PO box address with Signature Confirmation, it gets signed. 

Just about every shipment I send there is Signature Required, not because USPS says to, but because I choose to.  When they pick up the packages at the PO box, they sign for those requiring it.  At least that is my experience with it.

Ok Awesome, thank you so much for the quick response. :)

5 minutes ago, pewterss said:

One other question, do you normally add extra insurance for the books inside or no?  

If package is insured for $600 or more, it automatically requires a signature. 

Normally one will want insurance equal to the amount the books are worth - or what you paid for them. 

1 minute ago, Tony S said:

If package is insured for $600 or more, it automatically requires a signature. 

Normally one will want insurance equal to the amount the books are worth - or what you paid for them. 

ok yeah I was insuring it for 800 and it was auto selecting the signature required option. Ok well that answers everything i need to know. thanks as well.