• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] The Heroes Asylum Comic Shop - 1 Classic Kubert PCH remains
2 2

63 posts in this topic

Captain Marvel, Jr. #53, 4.0, A-bomb cover, serious spine roll, $135.00 :news: SOLD!

This sought-after nuclear explosion cover is difficult to find in nice condition. This one presents well enough but has accumulated wear and a bad spine roll that knocks the grade down. Still, it's a hot cover. Get it. Hot. Radiation. :tonofbricks:

cmj 53 a.jpgcmj 53 b.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

8 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

G.I. Combat #46, 4.0, c-Kubert, signed Kubert (no COA), Kubert collection (COA included), $200.00

To my understanding, this sought-after underwater cover is Kubert's first cover work for the series. DC took over from Quality Publications with issue 44, and Grandanetti did the first two covers. Then here comes Kubert, at the start of an amazing run of war covers that lasted decades. This comic has a lot of wear, most evident on the back cover. The front cover looks sharp but has a lot of wear that doesn't scan well. Still, it's a one of a kind.

I don't know if Kubert really signed this. I do have the COA for the Kubert collection. In my heart, I believe he signed it. :D 

2044187643_gic46a.thumb.jpg.da14b4fa95ac4295820a8fb3e7e818e1.jpg352560501_gic46b.thumb.jpg.7aef0b0e9dfde6206be1e5daef35c7a4.jpg

1574058295_gic46c.thumb.jpg.15e0a7980e424b705beda8d057e08d7f.jpg

Take. Too cool. Cant pass up. 

Captain Marvel, Jr. #93, 5.5, robot spanking cover :banana:, $95 :news: SOLD!

This one looks fantastic when you first see it. It really does look great in mylar. But as divulged to me when I bought it and as evident in the scans, it has a serious water stain that penetrates back to front. It would press a bit, but it'd still be an obvious stain. But yeah, great colors, great gloss.

909120257_cmj93a.thumb.jpg.5cfdffee32b3cc7d359cea7754f62a62.jpg608333043_cmj93b.thumb.jpg.3add4546b4dcd9418b68674a87b30bfb.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Just now, DavidTheDavid said:

CMJ #'s 23 and 46 sold via PM to William-James88.

Good, I was gonna make the post myself. Really looking forward to these.

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Captain Marvel, Jr. #24, 5.0, Raboy-c, centerfold and cover secure, book length vertical crease on front cover, $150.00

This one is super tough to let go. I love these GA hero covers that have some crossover with Americana and children's literature. This one is just so good. The vertical crease runs from the top edge, neatly bisecting the "C" in "Captain", down to the bottom edge. The bend goes into the interior for at least 4 or 5 page. It's much like a subscription crease, but probably got something heavy put on top of it that grabbed the page and folded it. Even so, it's a very nice cover. It's probably my favorite that I own, and I've priced it somewhat aggressively.

1665077554_cmj24a.thumb.jpg.142263293a54e3736b5e16b1c164e3d7.jpg1328133988_cmj24b.thumb.jpg.98acdfa694b4be8a920d5173fa2299d4.jpg

I already own this one but I wanted to show by contrast just how amazing your copy in case anyone is undecided.

While you have that crease (that anyone could pay pocket change to have it removed by a professional) the colours are amazing.

Here is my copy by comparison. Around the same grade. No creasing but look at how faded it is:

Item #51359317 Front Cover: Captain Marvel Jr. #24 VG+ 4.5

7 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Good, I was gonna make the post myself. Really looking forward to these.

I already own this one but I wanted to show by contrast just how amazing your copy in case anyone is undecided.

While you have that crease (that anyone could pay pocket change to have it removed by a professional) the colours are amazing.

Here is my copy by comparison. Around the same grade. No creasing but look at how faded it is:

Whew, you convinced me to follow my instincts and pull my copy from the sale. :D 

It really does present well. It looks fresh compared to some of the other issues listed. I don't find the crease a distraction.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

There's now a recap on page, second post.

:rulez:

Be sure to read it as I am trying a new method of discounting comics. I might or might not list other comics. I'll have to make another pass through and decide how much more pain I can tolerate. I'll update about that in the morning as stated earlier.

Thanks to everyone for the purchases, and tip o' the helmet to @bounty_coder for indulging his good taste in sweet GA comics. :foryou: 

4 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Of the two Nightmare covers by Kubert, Nightmare #10 one took me longer to find. From what I understand it's the harder of the two to locate, and that's reflected in the price of every copy I've seen for sale. It took me two years to find a copy that I liked and could afford. Here's a nice 5.5 with strong colors and a front cover in quite nice condition considering the grade. The top staple is attached but at risk. This comes with a 5.5 CGC Universal label; I cracked this out after buying it from a boardie.

It's a grotesque scene where a fiendish old man works on some kind of skin mask.

$400

442466708_nightmare10a.thumb.jpg.8b1998fb91df4c6eaff2fa9d3438bd1a.jpg478978509_nightmare10b.thumb.jpg.36074d841fcfedc496ace8a7975755f7.jpg

One book remains! It is available for $300 from now until the discounted price takes effect. Yes, that means it becomes $325 at noon est tomorrow.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I lack sufficient time to list more comics. Thread will close tonight at 5p est. I'll get out invoices soon. 

Thanks for making this thread a success, folks. 

Well, @bounty_coder I do have one other CMJ, a Cookeville (SN) pedigree that I bought from Billy. That pedigree is from my home state, but I am short of my goal. hm