• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM NM98
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I just decided to inventory my comics due to quarantine and wanted to see what some keys were worth. I was big into collecting during the late 80s and early 90s but outside of the occasional floppy and slightly more frequent trade, I haven't kept up for the last 25 years. I did bag and board them all so they are mostly in very good shape (for a teenage boy). I have considered slabbing some and pressing if necessary, which I didn't even know was a thing. My main problem is that I don't know what is the difference between an 8 and a 9 or 9.6, etc.

Here is a NM 98 that I found which was my brother's mixed up with my books. I did some research of previous sales on ebay and he decided that he wanted me to sell it raw so it's up for the next 5 days. 

Tried to attach more photos than the cover but I need to reread the FAQ.

Here is the link to the ebay listing for more pictures. https://www.ebay.com/itm/114342518089

20200802_130245.jpg

13 hours ago, Deadpoolica said:

Thank you. Would a press help? What keeps it from being higher? I know all grades are subjective and looking at a photo isn't the best way but I am trying to learn so I can grade properly myself.

9.0/9.2.  A press will help minimally here, IMO.  I don't think it will affect the grade though. And thanks for the extra pics!!!  It helps out a lot. (thumbsu